(Answers must be written in Gujarati)
Gujarati Language : Form and History :-
(1) History of Gujarati Language with special reference to New Indo-Aryan i.e. last one thousand years.
(2) Significant features of the Gujarati language : phonology, morphology and syntax.
(3) Major dialects : Surti, pattani, charotari and Saurashtri.
History of Gujarati literature
- Medieval :
4. Jaina tradition
5. Bhakti tradition : Sagun and Nirgun (Jnanmargi)
6. Non-sectarian tradition (Laukik parampara)
- Modern :
7. Sudharak yug
8. Pandit yug
9. Gandhi yug
10. Anu-Gandhi yug
11. Adhunik yug
Literary Forms : (Salient features, history and development of the following literary forms 🙂
1. Narratives : Rasa, Akhyan and Padyavarta
2. Lyrical: Pada
4. Fiction : Novel and Short Story
6. Literary Essay
7. Lyrical Poetry
8. History of theoretical Gujarati criticism
9. Recent research in folk tradition.