- Exercise Sea Dragon-24: Indian Navy’s P8I aircraft landed at Guam, a US island territory in Western Pacific, to participate in Exercise Sea Dragon – 24. It is an elite multinational maritime exercise that encourages professional exchanges and teamwork among participating navies. Participating countries: India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, and the US. The exercise seeks to improve skills in a variety of maritime combat domains through a number of aerial and ground-based tasks, including: Anti-submarine warfare (ASW),Surface warfare, Air defence and Search and rescue (SAR).
- Pradhan Mantri Anusuchit Jaati Abhyuday Yojana (PM – AJAY): It was launched in 2021-22 by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment as a 100% Centrally Sponsored Scheme. It is framed after merging the 3 erstwhile schemes –Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY),Special Central Assistance to Scheduled Caste Sub Plan (SCA to SCSP),Babu Jagjivan Ram Chatrawas Yojana (BJRCY).
- To increase the income of SC population by income generating schemes, skill development and infrastructure development.
- To reduce the poverty among the SC population and bring them above the poverty lines.
- To increase literacy and enrolment of SCs in schools and higher education institutions.
3 components – Development of SC dominated villages into an ‘Adarsh Gram’, Grants-in-aid for district/state-level projects for socio-economic betterment of SCs, Construction of hostels in higher educational institutions.
Eligibility Criteria – For income generating and skill development schemes, the SC persons belonging to BPL category are eligible. In case of infrastructure development, the villages having 50% or more SC population are eligible.
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB): Launched on September 1, 2018, with 100% equity owned by the Government of India. IPPB embarks on its transformative journey with the launch of pilot branches. Pilot branches opened in Ranchi, Jharkhand, and Raipur, Chhattisgarh. The Vision is for create an accessible, affordable, and trusted bank for all citizens. IPPB adopts the principles of India Stack to drive its operations. The Aim is to facilitate banking through innovative technology and secure transactions, Implements Biometrics integrated smartphones and biometric devices for seamless transactions, IPPB delivers simple and affordable banking solutions through intuitive interfaces available in 13 languages. IPPB is committed to serving the unbanked and underbanked. It is Contributed to the vision of a less cash economy and Digital India.
- Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit: The 10th VGGS is organized by the Government of Gujarat in partnership with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and iNDEXTb, will focus on the theme “Gateway to the Future,” bringing together global leaders, policymakers, and industry experts to discuss and explore opportunities for sustainable development, economic growth, and international cooperation. The journey of the summit began in 2003 and since then it is held every two years. The summit’s primary objective is to promote Gujarat as an attractive investment destination and to facilitate partnerships and collaborations across different sectors.