- PM-DevINE: The new Scheme, PM-DevINE, is a Central Sector Scheme with 100% Central funding and will be implemented by Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER).PM-DevINE will lead to creation of infrastructure, support industries, social development projects and create livelihood activities for youth and women, thus leading to employment generation.
PM-DevINE, was announced in the Union Budget 2022-23 to address development gaps in the North Eastern Region (NER).
- Exercise IBSAMAR: INS Tarkash reached Port Gqeberha (also known as Port Elizabeth), South Africa to participate in the seventh edition of IBSAMAR, a joint multinational maritime exercise among Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies.
The previous edition of IBSAMAR (IBSAMAR VI) was conducted off Simons Town, South Africa. The Indian Navy is represented by the Teg class guided missile frigate, INS Tarkash, a Chetak helicopter and the personnel from the Marine Command.
- World Anti-Doping Agency: It was established in 1999 as an international independent agency composed and funded equally by the sport movement and governments of the world.
Its foundation was initiated by the IOC(international Olympics committee) to promote, coordinate and monitor the fight against drugs in sports. It is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
Its key activities include scientific research, education, development of anti-doping capacities, and monitoring of the World Anti-Doping Code – the document harmonizing anti-doping policies in all sports and all countries.
- Indian-Norwegian S&T cooperation: The India-Norway Joint Working Group on S&T discussed the extension of S&T co-operation between the two countries to include areas like quantum science and technology, electric mobility, green hydrogen, ocean science, cyber-physical system, blue economy, information and communication technology and strengthening existing areas of co-operation like polar sciences, bio-economy, renewable energy, nano-science and technology and anti-microbial resistance.
The Indo-Norwegian S&T Cooperation was formalized through an Inter-governmental agreement signed in Tromso, Norway in 2006 and was activated through a Programme of Cooperation (POC) signed in Oslo in May 2009. A Joint Working Group constituted under the framework of Inter-Governmental agreement met for 6 times so far, alternately in India and Norway.
- Puneet Sagar Abhiyan: It is aimed to synergise efforts toward engaging youth for promoting clean water bodies. The NCC had launched Puneet Sagar Abhiyan on 1st December last year. The aim of the campaign is to clean sea shores from plastic and other waste material and create awareness about the importance of cleanliness.
Leave a Comment