- Janjatiya Gaurav Divas: November 15 is celebrated to recognize the efforts of the tribals in the preservation of cultural heritage and promotion of Indian values of national pride, valour, and hospitality. They held several tribal movements across different regions of India against the British colonial rule. 15th November also marks the birth anniversary of Birsa Munda who is revered as God by tribal communities across India.The Bhagwan Birsa Munda Tribal Freedom Fighter Museum has been built in association with the State Government of Jharkhand at the Old Central Jail location in Ranchi, where the legendary Birsa Munda had sacrificed his life.
- India International Trade Fair: It is organised by India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) which is a nodal agency under aegis of Ministry of Commerce and Industry for promoting country’s external trade.It is Mini-Ratna Category-1 Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) with 100% shareholding of Government. The fair is aimed providing platform for all kind of businesses to showcase their excellence & wide spectrum of services to trade, industry & common men. In this fair, exhibition of various types of products such as automobile, jute products, garments, household utensils, processed foods, beauty products, electronic products etc. are being organized.
- LeadIT Summit: India and Sweden hosted the LeadIT Summit 2022 on the side-lines of COP27.The Leadership Group for Industry Transition (LeadIT) gathers countries and companies that are committed to action to achieve the Paris Agreement. It was launched by the governments of Sweden and India at the UN Climate Action Summit in September 2019 and is supported by the World Economic Forum. LeadIT members subscribe to the notion that energy-intensive industry can and must progress on low-carbon pathways, aiming to achieve net-zero carbon emissions.
- Exercise YUDH ABHYAS 22: The 18th edition of Indo – US joint training exercise “YUDH ABHYAS 22” is scheduled to be conducted in Uttarakhand this month. Exercise Yudh Abhyas is conducted annually between India and USA with the aim of exchanging best practices, Tactics, Techniques and Procedures between the Armies of the two nations. The previous edition of the exercise was conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA) in October 2021. The joint exercise will also focus on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- Green Mobility Initiative by IAF: In order to achieve reduction in carbon foot print and in keeping with the Gol’s initiative on introduction of green mobility, IAF has inducted a fleet of Tata Nexon Electric Vehicles.Indian Air Force is planning to enhance the usage of electric vehicles in a progressive manner. To create a standardised inventory of vehicles, IAF has already joined hands with Indian Army in the ongoing procurement of Electric Buses and Electric Cars. These proactive measures reaffirms IAF’s commitment to the National objective of transformation towards environment friendly mobility.
Leave a Comment