- International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA): The IFSCA and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for collaboration in the field of regulation and supervision of regulated entities in their respective jurisdictions. The authority regulate financial products such as securities, deposits or contracts of insurance, financial services, and financial institutions which have been previously approved by any appropriate regulator such as RBI and SEBI etc. It will also regulate any other financial institutions,which may be notified by the central government.The IFSCA will consist of nine members, appointed by the central government.
- Target Olympic Podium (TOP) Scheme: It was formulated in 2014 under overall ambit of National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) with the aim to identify, groom and prepare potential medal prospects for the Olympic and Paralympic Games. It is under the ambit of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. It includes foreign training, international competition, equipment, and coaching camp besides a monthly stipend of Rs. 50,000/- for each athlete. It was particularly launched for India’s Olympic medal dream, at the 2016 (Rio) and 2020 (Tokyo) Olympics.
- Digital Shakti 4.0: The National Commission for Women (NCW) launched the fourth phase of Digital Shakti Campaign, a pan-India project on digitally empowering and skilling women and girls in the cyberspace. In line with its commitment to create safe spaces for women and girls online, Digital Shakti 4.0 is focused on making women digitally skilled and aware to stand up against any illegal/inappropriate activity online. NCW launched it in collaboration with CyberPeace Foundation and Meta. Digital Shakti started in June 2018 to help women across the nation to raise the awareness level on the digital front.
- Bharat Gaurav Scheme: Launched in November 2021, under the scheme, trains now have a third segment for tourism. Till now, the Railways had passenger segments and goods segments. These trains are not regular trains that will run as per a timetable.The train will cover several historical destinations on the route while giving the passengers It was announced under the theme-based tourist circuit trains. These trains will be run by both private players and IRCTC, in theme-based circuits.
- Vikram-suborbital (VKS) rocket: ISRO is all set to make history when it launches first-ever private Rocket, setting a new milestone in the 75 years journey of independent India. Entity/ StartUp, Skyroot Aerospace Pvt Ltd (SAPL) has developed the VKS rocket, which is a single stage spin stabilised solid propellant rocket with mass of approx. 550 kilograms.The rocket goes to the max altitude of 101 kilometres and splashes into the sea and the overall duration of launch is 300 seconds only. Skyroot was the first StartUp to sign a MoU with ISRO for launching its rockets.It will also be the maiden mission of Skyroot Aerospace, named “Prarambh”. It will carry a total of three payloads in space, including one from the foreign customers.
Leave a Comment