- Pradan Mantri Kisan Samruddhi Kendras: The Prime Minister inaugurated 600 Pradan Mantri Kisan Samruddhi Kendras (PMKSK) under the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilisers. Under the scheme, the retail fertiliser shops in the country will be converted into PMKSK in a phased manner. PMKSK will cater to a wide variety of needs of the farmers and provide agri-inputs (fertilisers, seeds, implements), testing facilities for soil, seeds, and fertilisers; generate awareness among farmers; provide information regarding various government schemes and ensure regular capacity building of retailers at block/district level outlets. More than 3.3 lakh retail fertiliser shops are planned to be converted into PMKSK.
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana: The Prime Minister also launched Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana – One Nation One Fertiliser. Under the scheme, Prime Minister launched Bharat Urea Bags, which will help companies market fertilisers under the single brand name ‘Bharat’. The single brand name for UREA, DAP, MOP and NPK etc. would be BHARAT UREA, BHARAT DAP, BHARAT MOP and BHARAT NPK etc. respectively for all Fertiliser Companies, State Trading Entities (STEs) and Fertiliser Marketing Entities (FMEs). It will result in reducing the cost of fertilisers and increase their availability to the farmers.
- Scheme of Assistance to Disabled Persons for Purchase/Fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP Scheme): Under the Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment, the ADIP Scheme is in operation since 1981 with the main objective to assist the needy disabled persons in procuring durable, sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard aids and appliances that can promote their physical, social and psychological rehabilitation by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economic potential. Assistive devices are given to PwDs with an aim to improve their independent functioning and to arrest the extent of disability and occurrence of secondary disability.
- Anubhav portal: On the directions of the Prime Minister of India, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW) had launched an online platform entitled ‘Anubhav’ in March 2015. It is a means for retiring employees to showcase significant achievements made during their service period. It also provides them with an opportunity to convey information related to their contribution in enhancing the effectiveness of the various Government policies. It is envisaged that this culture of leaving notes by retirees will become the foundation stone of good governance and administrative reforms in future.
- 90th INTERPOL General Assembly: The General Assembly is INTERPOL’s supreme governing body and meets once a year to take key decisions related to its functioning. The INTERPOL General Assembly meeting is taking place in India after a gap of about 25 years – it was last held in 1997. India’s proposal to host the INTERPOL General Assembly in 2022 at New Delhi coinciding with celebrations for 75th year of India’s independence was accepted by the General Assembly with overwhelming majority. The event provides an opportunity to showcase best practices in India’s law and order system to the entire world.
Leave a Comment