- Setu Bandhan Scheme: The Setu Bandhan Scheme approval has been granted for seven bridge projects in Arunachal Pradesh under the Central Road and Infrastructure Fund (CRIF). It is an initiative of the Ministry for Road Transport and Highways. It has been introduced to improve inter-state connectivity, especially in rural areas at the borders where state roads do not get the required attention. It is aimed at replacing railway line Level Crossings (LCs) with Road Over Bridges (ROBs)/Rail Under Bridges (RUBs)in states.
- Central Road and Infrastructure Fund: It was established in 2000 under the Central Road Fund Act, 2000.It was previously known as Central Road Fund. Its subject matter belongs to the Ministry of Finance.The fund consists of a cess imposed along with excise duty on petrol and diesel. The Central Road Fund Act, 2000, was amended in 2018 and its objective is to use proceeds of the road cess under CRIF to finance other infrastructure projects such as waterways, some portion of the railway infrastructure, and even social infrastructure.
- Mt. Vesuvius: It is an active volcano that rises above the Bay of Naples on the plain of Campania in southern Italy. It is the only active volcano in mainland Europe. The volcano is classified as a complex stratovolcano because its eruptions typically involve explosive eruptions as well as pyroclastic flows. A pyroclastic flow is a high-density mix of hot lava blocks, pumice, ash, and volcanic gas. It is most famous for the 79 AD eruption that destroyed the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum. It is part of the Campanian volcanic arc, a line of volcanoes that formed over a subduction zone created by the convergence of the African and Eurasian plates. This subduction zone stretches the length of the Italian peninsula and is also the source of other volcanoes like Mount Etna, the Phlegraean Fields (Campi Flegrei), Vulcano, and Stromboli.
- INS Beas: INS Beas (F37) is a Brahmaputra-class frigate of the Indian Navy.
It was built at the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata.It was commissioned on 11th July, 2005.It is the second ship in the Indian Navy to bear the name. The first was a Leopard-class frigate commissioned in 1960 and scrapped in 1992.
Role: It is a versatile warship capable of a range of missions, including anti-aircraft, anti-submarine, and anti-ship warfare. It is also used for patrolling, surveillance, and providing security to India’s maritime interests. The design and construction of the ship are entirely Indian and are a modification of the Godavari-class frigate. It has a displacement of about 3,850 tonnes. The ship has a length of 126 metres (413 feet) and a beam width of 14.5 metres (48 feet).It is capable of reaching speeds of over 30 knots, making it swift and agile in naval operations. It is fitted with an array of modern sensor suites and matching weapon systems.
- Bright Transient Survey Bot: It is a machine-learning algorithm which has been trained by using over 1.4 million images from nearly 16,000 sources. It detected the newly discovered supernova named SN2023tyk in data from the Zwicky Transient Facility (ZTF).It automatically requested the potential supernova’s spectrum from Palomar Observatory, where another robotic telescope, the Spectral Energy Distribution Machine (SEDM), performed an in-depth observation to obtain the source’s spectrum. This new system not only allows automation of the entire search for new supernovae across the night sky but also eliminates human error and dramatically increases speed. It searched, detected, confirmed, classified, and announced the findings without any human intervention