- Uniform tourist police scheme: Ministry of Tourism in co-ordination with Ministry of Home Affairs and Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) is organizing National Conference of Director Generals/ Inspector Generals (DGs/IGs) of Police Department of all States/UTs in connection with implementation of Uniform Tourist Police Scheme. Uniform Tourist Police Scheme at pan India level for developing the tourist specific policing with suitable roles and responsibility and training aspects, to provide safer ecosystem to the foreign and domestic tourists in and around tourist destinations, as safety and security and the first & foremost priority of any tourist.
- National Metallurgists Award Scheme: National Metallurgists Day Awards, was instituted in 1962 by the then Ministry of Steel & Mines to recognize and honor outstanding contributions of Metallurgists in the metallurgical field covering operation, research, design, education, waste management and energy conservation. The awards are given on an annual basis, only to Indian nationals. The first award was given in 1963 and subsequently every year thereafter. Over the years, the number of categories and the award money were revised upwards. Nominations for the award shall be invited online on the Ministry of Steel’s Portal or the centralized portal being developed by MHA.
- WISER programme: This is a first-of-its-kind programme, launched to promote women in the field of research and development by lateral entry.It was launched by Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC) to encourage women researchers in R&D projects. WISER programme will enable gender equality as well as participation of women in Science & Technology through IGSTC’s program. This programme was launched in addition to the ongoing flagship 2+2 program of the IGSTC. This program of IGSTC is a joint initiative of Department of Science & Technology (DST), India and Federal Ministry of Education & Research (BMBF) of Germany.
- Global Housing technology challenge(GHTC) India: For promoting new and innovative construction technologies and systems, Global Housing Technology Challenge- India (GHTC-India) was initiated in January 2019 with an aim to identify and mainstream globally best available proven construction technologies that are sustainable, green and disaster resilient through a challenge format to bring technology transition in construction sector. The Prime Minister has laid the foundation of LightHouse Projects (LHPs), as part of the Global Housing Technology Challenge-India (GHTC-India) initiative. Six LHPs consisting of about 1,000 houses each with physical & social infrastructure facilities are being constructed at six places across the country.
- Increase In MSP for all rabi crops: The increase in MSP for Rabi Crops for Marketing Season 2023-24 is in line with the Union Budget 2018-19 announcement of fixing the MSP at a level of at lease 1.5 times of the All-India weighted average Cost of Production, aiming at reasonably fair remuneration for the farmers. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the increase in the Minimum Support Prices (MSP) for all mandated Rabi Crops for Marketing Season 2023-24.
Leave a Comment