- Kameng Hydro Power Project: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the 600 MW Kameng Hydro Power Station to the nation today, the biggest Hydro Power Project implemented by NEEPCO Ltd., a Mini Ratna Power PSU under Ministry of Power. Commissioning of the sixth hydro power plant in the North East will be a major step towards fulfilling Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) of India pledged under Paris Agreement 2015. The project will form part of projected hydro capacity addition of 30000 MW by 2030.The project will make Arunachal Pradesh a power surplus state with huge benefits to the National Grid in terms of grid stability and integration.
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar: The Department of School Education and Literacy launched Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar in 2016-17 to ensure long term sustainability and behavioural change. The Puraskar honours the schools who have taken exemplary work in the field of water, sanitation and hygiene. Under this Award, schools are rated on six broad parameters of (a) Water (b) Toilets (c) Handwashing with Soap (d) Operation and Maintenance (e) Behaviour Change and Capacity building and (f) COVID-19 (Preparedness and Response). The Puraskar is given at District, State and National level.
- Rani Laxmi Bai: She was born on 19th November 1828 in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Lakshmibai’s childhood name was ‘Manikarnika’ and was affectionately addressed as ‘Manu’. Rani Lakshmibai was one of the brave warriors of India’s struggle for Independence. In 1853, when the Maharaja of Jhansi died, Lord Dalhousie refused to acknowledge the child and applied the Doctrine of Lapse, and annexed the state. Rani Lakshmibai fought bravely against the British so as to save her empire from annexation. She died fighting on the battlefield on 17th June 1858. When the Indian National Army started its first female unit (in 1943), it was named after the valiant queen of Jhansi.
- Donyi Polo Airport: The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated Donyi Polo Airport in Arunachal Pradesh. Donyi Polo Airport will be the fourth operational airport for Arunachal Pradesh, taking the total airport count in the North-East region to 16. The number of flights connecting Northeast India has doubled. Be it tourism or trade, telecom or textiles or port and airport connectivity, North East gets top priority.
- Kashi-Tamil Sangamam: The month-long Kashi Tamil Sangamam, which begins in Varanasi, will celebrate the many aspects of the historical and civilisational connection between India’s North and South. The broader objective is to bring the two knowledge and cultural traditions closer, create an understanding of our shared heritage and deepen the people-to-people bond between the regions.It also connect the traders dealing in silk saris and textiles from Bananas and Kanchipuram, and architectural, culinary, and other kinds of connections. It has been organised under the overall framework and spirit of “Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat.” The idea is to create a bridge between ancient India and the current generation.
Leave a Comment