- HTT-40 aircraft: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi unveiled HTT-40, an indigenous trainer aircraft designed and developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The aircraft has state-of-the-art contemporary systems and has been designed with pilot-friendly features. With over 60 per cent in-house parts and collaboration of private industry, it is a shining example of the vision of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’. The HTT-40 would be used for basic flight training, aerobatics, instrument flying and close formation flights whereas its secondary roles would include navigation and night flying. It is a testament to the cutting-edge technology designed to meet primary training requirements of the Indian defence services. It boasts of unique features like running change-over of pilots, hot-refuelling and short-turnaround time.
- India- Africa Security Fellowship Programme: The India-Africa Defence Dialogue (IADD) was held on the sidelines of DefExpo 2022.It charted out new areas for enhancing the India-Africa defence and security partnership. During the IADD, ‘India-Africa Security Fellowship Programme’ was launched. The fellowship will give an opportunity to African scholars to pursue research on defence and security issues in India.
- Fit India Movement: It was launched in 2019 to make fitness an integral part of the daily lives of the people of India. Its mission is to bring about behavioral changes and move towards a more physically active lifestyle. It is implemented by the Ministry of Youth affairs and sports.
- SATAT scheme: The scheme sustainable alternative for affordable transportation is under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. SATAT has following four objectives:
- Utilising more than 62 million metric tonnes of waste generated every year in India,
- Cutting down import dependence,
- Supplementing job creation in the country, and
- Reducing vehicular emissions and pollution from burning of agricultural / organic waste.
Leave a Comment