- e-Gram SWARAJ Portal : e-Panchayat Mission Mode Project of Ministry of Panchayati Raj has won the GOLD AWARD under the category “Excellence in Government Process Re-engineering for Digital Transformation” of the National Awards for e-Governance. It is a work-based comprehensive application that encompasses all aspects of Panchayat functioning viz. planning, budgeting, accounting, monitoring, asset management etc. on a single digital platform including online payments.Ministry has also integrated e-Gram SWARAJ with Public Financial Management System for Gram Panchayats to make real time payments. MoPR has also devised an online application– Audit Online.
- Ni-kshay Mitras initiative : The initiative ensures three-pronged support includes: Nutritional, Additional diagnostic, and Vocational support to TB patients. The programme was brought in to fill the critical “community’’ elements into India’s fight towards the Pradhan Mantri TB Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan aimed at eliminating TB by 2025. Ni-kshay Mitra (Donor) for this programme includes co-operative societies, corporates, elected representatives, individuals, institutions, non-governmental organisations, political parties and partners who can support by adopting the health facilities (for individual donor), blocks/urban wards/districts/States for accelerating the response against TB to complement the government efforts.
- Ikshak,the Survey Vessel : Ikshak’, the third of the four Survey Vessels (Large) (SVL) Project for Indian Navy was launched. SVL ships will replace the existing Sandhayak Class survey ships with new generation hydrographic equipment to collect oceanographic data. With a capability to carry four Survey Motor Boats and an integral helicopter, the primary role of the ships would be to undertake full scale coastal and deep-water hydrographic surveys of Ports and navigational channels. The ships would also be deployed for collecting oceanographic and geophysical data for defence as well as civil applications. In their secondary role, the ships are capable of providing limited defence, besides serving as Hospital ships during emergencies.
- Earth Observation Satellite-6 : The third generation Indian satellite for monitoring the oceans, formally named as EOS-6 was launched today by the ISRO in partnership with Ministry of Earth Sciences.The ocean observing mission is a follow up to OceanSat-1 and OceanSat-2 launched in 1999 and 2009, respectively. Designed as PSLV-C54, also accommodated other small satellites along with Oceansat-3. It will provide crucial data on distribution of ocean algae.The OCM-3 with high signal-to-noise ratio is expected to provide improved accuracy having wide range of operational and research applications including fishery resource management, and climate studies.
- AUSTRA HIND 22 : The bilateral training exercise “AUSTRA HIND 22” between contingents of the Indian Army and the Australian Army is scheduled to take place at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges (Rajasthan). This is the first exercise in the series of AUSTRA HIND with participation of all arms and services contingent from both armies.The Indian Army is represented by troops from the DOGRA Regiment. Exercise “AUSTRA HIND” will be a yearly event that will be conducted alternatively in India and Australia.
Leave a Comment