- National Commission For Backward Classes: The 102nd Constitution Amendment Act, 2018 provides constitutional status to the NCBC. It has the authority to examine complaints and welfare measures regarding socially and educationally backward classes. Previously NCBC was a statutory body under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The Commission consists of five members including a Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and three other Members appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal. The conditions of service and tenure of office of the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and other Members is determined by President.
- Swar Dharohar Festival: Ministry of Culture, Government of India in collaboration with “Swar Dharohar Foundation,” inaugurated three day “Swar Dharohar Festival” under Kalanjali. “Swar Dharohar Festival” is a Music, Art & Literature Festival to showcase the iconic art and culture of India and, the rich literary Art & Heritage of Indian States.
- Draft National Tourism Policy: The Government has prepared the Draft National Tourism Policy focusing on Green, and digital tourism. To promote investment in the tourism sector, the document mentions granting of industry status to the sector, along with formally granting infrastructure status to hotels. Five key areas would be given significant focus in the next 10 years — green tourism, digital tourism, destination management, skilling the hospitality sector and supporting tourism-related to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- SHRESHTA Scheme: The Scheme for Residential Education for Students in Targeted Areas (SHRESHTA) has been conceived to provide access to high quality residential education to the meritorious poor students from Scheduled Caste communities, whose parental annual income is up to Rs. 2.5 Lakh per annum, at free of cost from class 9th to class 12th.Under this, each year a specified number of meritorious SC students are selected through a transparent mechanism of a National Entrance Test for SHRESHTA (NETS) , conducted by the National Testing Agency. Selected students are admitted in the Best Private Residential Schools, affiliated by CBSE, in classes 9th and 11th for completion of education till 12th standard.
- National Disaster Response Force: NDRF comes under Ministry of Home Affairs.It is the only dedicated disaster response force in the world. It works under National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) which lays down policies, plans and guidelines for disaster management.The Disaster Management Act has made the statutory provisions for constitution of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) for the purpose of specialized response to natural and man-made disasters.
Established in 2006
HQ: New Delhi