- India Energy Weeks: The Prime Minister of India inaugurated the India Energy Week (IEW) 2024 in Goa and the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Sea Survival Centre, and also participated in the Viksit Bharat, Viksit Goa 2047 programme. India Energy Week 2024 is being held in Goa. It is India’s largest and only all-encompassing energy exhibition and conference, bringing together the entire energy value chain, and will catalyse India’s energy transition goals. Encouraging, fostering and integrating startups into the energy value chain will be an important focus for IEW 2024.
India’s position as the world’s third largest energy, oil, and Liquid petroleum gas (LPG) consumer, as well as the fourth largest Liquefied natural gas (LNG) importer and refiner, was emphasised at IEW. The event reflects India’s commitment to global cooperation in the energy sector, with a focus on collaboration and knowledge sharing in sustainable energy development.
ONGC Sea Survival Centre is an Integrated Sea Survival Training Centre to advance the Indian sea survival training ecosystem to global standards. It is anticipated to train 10,000-15,000 personnel annually, emphasising simulated exercises in harsh conditions.
- Nagoya Protocol: Cameroon recently adopted the Nagoya Protocol on Access and Benefit Sharing. The Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilisation (the Protocol) is a legally binding global agreement that implements the access and benefit-sharing obligations of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).It was adopted by the CBD in Nagoya, Japan, in October 2010 and entered into force in 2014, 90 days after the deposit of the fiftieth instrument of ratification.
- It provides a transparent legal framework for the effective implementation of one of the three objectives of the CBD: the fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising out of the utilisation of genetic resources.
- It establishes a framework that helps researchers access genetic resources for biotechnology research, development, and other activities, in return for a fair share of any benefits from their use.
- It applies to genetic resources that are covered by the CBD, and to the benefits arising from their utilisation. It also covers traditional knowledge (TK) associated with genetic resources that are covered by the CBD and the benefits arising from their utilisation.
- ABHYAS: It is a high-speed expendable aerial target (HEAT).It is designed by the DRDO’s Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE).ABHYAS offers a realistic threat scenario for the practice of weapon systems.
- It is the ideal platform for the validation of Armed Forces equipment slated for induction (only those that require aerial engagement).
- It is designed for autonomous flying with the help of an autopilot indigenously made by the ADE.
- It has a radar cross-section and a visual and infrared augmentation system required for weapon practice. The target drone has a laptop-based Ground Control System with which the aircraft can be integrated and pre-flight checks, data recording during the flight, replays after the flight and post-flight analysis can be carried out.