- Weapon system branch: In a historic step for the Indian Air Force (IAF), Government has approved the creation of a new branch, called the Weapon Systems (WS) branch. The creation of WS branch would entail unification of all weapon system operators under one entity dedicated to the operational employment of all ground-based and specialist airborne weapon systems.
The branch would encompass operators in four specialised streams of Surface-to-Surface missiles, Surface-to-Air missiles, Remotely Piloted Aircraft and Weapon System Operators in twin/multi-crew aircraft.
- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine: Pneumonia is one of the major causes of child mortality. Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) was introduced by Govt. of India in 2017 in a phased manner across the most affected five states of India viz., Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Thereafter, the PCV under the Universal Immunization Programme (UIP) has been expanded throughout the country.
The PCV is now an integral part of India’s Universal Immunization Programme (UIP) and is available free of cost to the entire birth cohort of 27.1 million. It is given in three dose schedule (6 weeks, 14 weeks and booster at 9-12 months).
- Agni tattva campaign: Power Foundation of India in association with Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) is currently running a campaign to create awareness on Agni Tattva under LiFE – Lifestyle for environment. This campaign includes conferences, seminars, events, and exhibitions across the country involving educational institutions, communities, and relevant organisations to create awareness of the core concept of Agni Tattva, an element that is synonymous with energy and is amongst the five elements of Panchmahabhoot.
The first conference of the Agni campaign was organised in Leh on the theme of ‘Sustainability and Culture’.
The Agni Tattva campaign – Energy for LiFE, an initiative under the umbrella campaign of Sumangalam, was launched by Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy, in New Delhi.
- Indian Air Force Day 2022: IAF Marks 90 Years With Celebration In Chandigarh. Indians proudly celebrate October 8 as the day to pay tribute to the air warriors of the Indian Air Force (IAF) who tirelessly defend the nation by securing the Indian airspace and conducting rescue operations during natural calamities
- Aspirational district programme: It was launched in 2018 which aims to transform districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas.
Aspirational Districts are those districts in India, that are affected by poor socio-economic indicators.
It is based on-
Convergence (of Central & State Schemes)
Collaboration (of Central, State level ‘Prabhari’ Officers & District Collectors), Competition among districts through monthly delta ranking.