1) Raisina Dialogue: Raisina Dialogue is an annual conference on geopolitics and geo-economics addressing issues facing the global community.
- It takes its name from Raisina Hill, the seat of Indian government.
- It has been held annually in New Delhi since 2016 by Observer Research Foundation (ORF), an independent think- tank, in collaboration with Ministry of External Affairs.
- 8th Edition was held in March 2023 with theme “Provocation, Uncertainty, Turbulence: Lighthouse in the Tempest”.
2) Revised timeline for Initial Public Offering (IPO): SEBI has halved the time for IPO listing of companies from six days to three days. i.e. from T+6 to T+3.
- IPO refers to the selling of securities to the public in the primary market.
- It acts as the largest source of funds for the company.
- It will enhance the ease of doing business for issuers and provide investors with quicker access to capital and liquidity.
- The revised T+3 days timeline will become mandatory from 1 December 2023 onwards.
3) CAG Report on Railway Finances 2023:
- High Operating Ratio (OR): OR is 107% i.e., railways spent ₹107 to earn ₹100 during 2021-22 owing to higher appropriation to fund pensions.
- Loss decreased: However, entire profits from freight operations were used to cross-subsidize passenger fares.
- Other: Higher dependence on Budget Support and Extra Budgetary Resources, continuation of cash transaction, etc.
- Recommendations: Utilize funds judiciously, foster greater responsibility and accountability, etc.
4) High Price Day Ahead Market and Surplus Power Portal (PUShP portal): PUShP portal was launched by Ministry of Power to ensure greater availability of power during peak demand season.
- Power Distribution Companies (DISCOMS) will be able to indicate their surplus power in block times/days/months on portal.
- Those DISCOMs who need power will be able to requisition the surplus power.
- This will reduce the fixed cost burden on DISCOMs, and enable the available generation capacity to be utilized.