1) Vostok exercise: Chinese troops will travel to Russia to take part in joint military exercises led by the host and including India, Belarus, Mongolia, Tajikistan and other countries
- Exercise TSENTR is part of the annual series of large scale exercises that form part of the Russian Armed Forces’ annual training cycle
- The series rotates through the four main Russian operational strategic commands i.e Vostok (East), Zapad (West), TSENTR (Centre) and Kavkas (South).
2) F-INSAS System: F-INSAS is “Future-Infantry Soldier as A System” weapon.
- This system aims to improve operational capabilities of infantry units of the Army.
- Under the F-INSAS project, the soldiers will get modern fighting equipment that are cost-effective, lightweight, needs low maintenance cost and suitable for all weather and terrain conditions.
- This system includes firepower in the form of AK-203 Assault Rifle, which is a magazine-fed, gas-operated, select-fire assault rifle of Russian origin.
- Apart from assault rifle, F-INSAS system also include ballistic helmet, goggles and bulletproof jackets. F-INSAS system was created in year 2005, under Infantry Vision 2020.
3) AK-203 Assault Rifle: AK-203 Assault Rifle will be produced in Amethi, as a part of India-Russia Joint Venture. This rifle has a range of 300 meters.
- It is equipped with a rifle-mounted holographic sight, that will provide easier target acquisition.
- The holographic sight has high speed and accuracy. It can target the object 200 metres away
- Biofuels: Any hydrocarbon fuel that is produced from an organic matter (living or once living material) in a short period of time (days, weeks, or even months) is considered a biofuel.
- Biofuels may be solid, liquid or gaseous in nature.
- Solid: Wood, dried plant material, and manure, Liquid: Bioethanol and Biodiesel, Gaseous: Biogas
- These can be used to replace or can be used in addition to diesel, petrol or other fossil fuels.
5) Nereguli Paddy: Nereguli is a flood-resistant traditional variety of paddy.
- Though the yield is less compared to other varieties of paddy, this variety has a higher rate of tolerance to flooding.
- This variety is organically grown using traditional methods and is highly nutritious and in great demand, in Kerala and Goa.