1) Adenovirus: A group of viruses that can cause mild to severe infections throughout your body.
- They can cause a wide range of illnesses, such as the common cold, fever, pneumonia, pink eye, and acute gastroenteritis. There are many different types of adenoviruses, so that people can get infected more than once.
- Adenovirus infections occur throughout the year, but they tend to peak in the winter and early spring. Adenoviruses can affect people of all ages, but they’re most common in children younger than 5 years old.
- Adenoviruses are very contagious. There is currently no specific course of treatment or approved antiviral medication.
2) First Loss Default Guarantee (FLDG) system: Banks and NBFCs have almost paused tie-ups with fintech players under the first loan default guarantee (FLDG) structure for lending in the absence of clarity on contractual agreements from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- FLDG is a lending model between a fintech and a regulated entity in which a third party guarantees to compensate up to a certain percentage of default in a loan portfolio of the regulated entities (RE).
- Under these agreements, the fintech originates a loan and promises to compensate the partners up to a pre-decided percentage in case customers fail to repay.
- The bank/NBFC partners lend through the fintech but from their books.
- FLDG helps expand the customer base of traditional lenders but relies on the fintech’s underwriting capabilities.
3) Kendu leaf: Kendu Leaf also called the green gold of Odisha, it is a nationalized product like Bamboo and Sal seed. It is one of the most important non-wood forest products of Odisha.
- It is also referred to as tendu leaf in some parts of the country and is used to roll tobacco into bidis (local cigarettes).
- Odisha is the third-largest producer of kendu leaf after Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
4) Exercise Dustlik-2023: It will be conducted in Uttarakhand.
- It is a military-to-military exchange program between the Indian Army and Uzbekistan
- It is the fourth edition of the biennial training Exercise.
- This joint exercise is aimed at enhancing military capability to undertake multi-domain operations in a Sub Conventional scenario under United Nations Mandate.
5) GLACIAL LAKES OUTBURST FLOOD: Around 15 million people across the world face the risk of sudden and deadly flooding from glacial lakes, which are expanding and rising in numbers due to global warming, according to a new study published in Nature. More than half of those who could be impacted live in four countries: India, Pakistan, Peru and China.
- Increasing glacial melting because of climate change, alongside other environmental effects of climate change (i.e permafrost melting) mean that regions with glaciers are likely to see increased flooding risks from GLOFs. This is especially true in the Himalayas where geologies are more active.
- A glacial lake outburst flood(GLOF) is a type of outburst flood caused by the failure of a dam containing a glacial lake.