1) Indian Public Health Standards (IPHS): these are a set of uniform standards envisaged to improve the quality of health care delivery in the country.
- The IPHS documents have been revised keeping in view the changing protocols of the existing programmes and introduction of new programmes especially for Non-Communicable Diseases.
- Flexibility is allowed to suit the diverse needs of the States and regions.
2) Fostering Effective Energy Transition 2022’ report: released by World Economic Forum (WEF) has called for urgent action by both private and public sectors to ensure a resilient energy transition.
- Strengthening energy security is of paramount importance having dual diversification; in importing partners in the short-term and in fuel mix in the long-term thus improving resilience.
- The report addresses the challenges to environmental sustainability, energy security and energy justice and affordability.
3) Energy Transition Index (ETI): The Global Energy Transition Index (ETI) is published by World Economic Forum (WEF) to quantify the global change to renewable energy.
- It provides a numerical value for how well a country is doing in their transition to renewable energy and also helps in developing energy transition roadmaps.
- It was developed in 2018 to measure national energy transition progress.
4) Stagflation: It refers to an economic situation marked by stagnant economic output and high price inflation.
- It is characterised by slow economic growth and relatively high unemployment—or economic stagnation—which is at the same time accompanied by rising prices (i.e. inflation).
- It can be alternatively defined as a period of inflation combined with a decline in the gross domestic product (GDP).
5) Surat: It is the fourth Guided Missile Destroyer of P15B class, while ‘Udaygiri’ is the second Stealth Frigate of P17A class.
- Both warships have been designed in-house by the Directorate of Naval Design (DND) and built at MDL, Mumbai.
- The two warships will add might to the Indian Navy’s arsenal and represent to the world India’s strategic strength as well as the power of self-reliance.