1) firefighting: or fireproofing approach in foreign policy is a reaction or a response to any initiative or incident in international politics. Firefighting attaches itself to reactive responses to crises that arise from the Lack of preparedness, Lack of capacity, and Lack of national will and cohesion between different instruments of statecraft.
2) RH-200 (Rohini ): ISRO will attempt the 200th consecutively successful launch of the Rohini RH-200 sounding rocket from Thumba.
- RH-200 is a two-stage rocket capable of climbing to a height of 70 km bearing scientific payloads. The first and second stages of RH-200 are powered by solid motors. The ‘200’ in the name denotes the diameter of the rocket in mm.
- Since inception of RH200 rocket, both solid stages are processed using polyvinyl chloride (PVC) based propellant. In 2020 a new propellant based on hydroxyl-terminated Polybutadiene (HTPB) was successfully flown.
- Rohini is a series of sounding rockets developed by the ISRO for meteorological and atmospheric study. These sounding rockets are capable of carrying payloads of 2 to 200 kilograms between altitudes of 100 to 500 kms.
3) Olive ridley turtles: they are the smallest and most abundant of all sea turtles found in the world.
- They are carnivores and found in warm waters of the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans.
- The Odisha’s Gahirmatha Marine Sanctuary is known as the world’s largest rookery (colony of breeding animals) of sea turtles.
- They are best known for their unique mass nesting called Arribada, where thousands of females come together on the same beach to lay eggs.
- Wildlife Protection Act, 1972: Scheduled 1, IUCN Red List: Vulnerable, CITES: Appendix I
4) Great Nicobar tribes: The Mongoloid Shompen Tribe, about 200 in number, live in the forests. Another Mongoloid Tribe, Nicobarese, about 300 in number, used to live in settlements.
- There are 6 aboriginal tribes in Andaman & Nicobar islands.
- On the basis of features, they can be divided into Negrito and Mongoloid. Great Andamanes, Onge, Jarawa and Sentinelese are negrito while Nicobarese and Shompen are mongoloid.
(Related news: Nicobari Hodi craft is the 1st application for Andaman and Nicobar’s GI tag Nicobari Hodi is a traditional craft canoe made using locally available trees for transporting people and goods and for racing purposes.)
5) 5 Bacteria types claimed 6.8 Lakh lives in India in 2019: Lancet:
- coli: It is commonly found in the lower intestine of warm-blooded organisms. Most types of E. coli are harmless. But a few strains, can cause severe stomach cramps.
- Streptococcus pneumoniae is the most common cause of middle ear infections, sepsis (blood infection) in children and pneumonia in immunocompromised individuals
- Klebsiella can cause different types of healthcare-associated infections, including pneumonia, bloodstream infections, wound or surgical site infections, and meningitis
- aureus is the leading cause of skin and soft tissue infections such as abscesses (boils), furuncles, and cellulitis
- Acinetobacter baumanniican cause infections in the blood, urinary tract, and lungs (pneumonia), or in wounds in other parts of the body
Leave a Comment