1) Deemed forest: The concept of deemed forests has not been clearly defined in any law including the Forest Conservation Act of 1980.
- As per the SC, it covers all statutorily recognised forests, whether designated as reserved, protected or otherwise for the purpose of the Forest Conservation Act.
- According to Supreme Court, the provisions enacted in the Forest Conservation Act 1980 for the conservation of forest and the matters connected therewith should apply to all forest so understood irrespective of the ownership or classification thereof.
- But, An expert committee constituted by the Karnataka government after the Supreme Court order identified ‘deemed forests’ as “land having the characteristic of forests irrespective of the ownership’.
2) F 18 Super hornet fighter jets: It is the world’s most lethal, advanced, combat-proven, multi-role frontline fighter-jet.
- The jet has been developed by US Aerospace Company, Boeing.
- Multi-role Superiority: Capable of tactical strikes, air reconnaissance, air defense, and maritime roles.
- Cutting-edge Technologies: Enhanced computing and data link, advanced cockpit system, signature improvements
- Lifecycle Affordability: Lowest cost per flight hour among all U.S. tactical fighters in production.
3) Stablecoins: they are cryptocurrencies without volatility.
- Stablecoins achieve their price stability via collateralization (backing) or through algorithmic mechanisms of buying and selling the reference asset or its derivatives.
- Stablecoins hold a bundle of assets in reserve, usually short-term securities such as cash, government debt or commercial paper to promise holders that every $1 they put in will remain worth $1.
4) Dima Hasao: (earlier North Cachar Hills) is one of the three hill districts of Assam.
- It is an administrative district that falls under the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council one of the three autonomous councils set up under the provisions of the VIth Schedule of the Indian Constitution
- It is a tribal-majority district with tribals constituting about 71% of the total population along with a significant number of non-tribal groups like Bengali, Nepali and Assamese.
- The district has a long history of insurgency by Dimasa groups
5) Storage gain in wheat: Wheat, considered a ‘living grain’, tends to gain some weight during storage.
- This is known as ‘storage gain’ and it mostly happens due to absorption of moisture.
- The moisture is mostly absorbed by the endosperm (bulk of the kernel which contains minerals and vitamins).
Leave a Comment