1) National Mobile Monitoring System (NMMS): It was launched by the Minister of Rural Development in 2021 to bring more transparency and ensure proper monitoring of the schemes.
- The NMMS App permits taking real time attendance of workers at Mahatma Gandhi NREGA worksites along with geo-tagged photograph. This helps in increasing citizen oversight of the programme and is applicable for the MGNREGA workers for all the States/ Union Territories.
2) Open Network for Digital Commerce: ONDC is a freely accessible government-backed platform that aims to democratise e-commerce by moving it from a platform-centric model to an open network for buying and selling of goods and services.
- It has been incorporated as a Section 8 company in 2021 with the Quality Council of India and Protean eGov Technologies Limited as initial promoters
- Under ONDC, it is envisaged that a buyer registered on one participating e-commerce site (for example, Amazon) may purchase goods from a seller on another participating e-commerce site (for example, Flipkart).
- It is neither an aggregator application nor a hosting platform, and all existing digital commerce applications and platforms can voluntarily choose to adopt and be a part of the ONDC network.
3) Soft-landing: A soft landing is a cyclical slowdown in economic growth that avoids recession.
- A soft landing is the goal of a central bank when it seeks to raise interest rates just enough to stop an economy from overheating and experiencing high inflation, without causing a severe downturn. Soft landing may also refer to a gradual, relatively painless slowdown in a particular industry or economic sector.
- But when the actions of the central bank bring about a recession, it is called a hard-landing.
4) eSanjeevani: It is a doctor to doctor telemedicine system, being implemented under the Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWCs) programme.
- It is the world’s largest telemedicine implementation in the primary healthcare developed by the Centre for Development of Advance Computing (C-DAC). It has benefited 10 Cr people.
- Using the hub-and-spoke approach, it aims to link together all 1,50,000 HWCs.
- According to the model, a network will be created that consists of an anchor establishment, or hub, that provides a full range of services and will be complemented by secondary establishments, or spokes, that offer limited services and direct patients in need of more intensive services to the hub for treatment.
- eSanjeevaniOPD: enables patient-to-doctor tele-consultations at no cost.
5) Exercise Desert Flag VIII: It is an annual multinational large-force employment warfare exercise hosted by the UAE Air Force.
- For the 1st time, LCA Tejas will also participate in an international multilateral exercise.
- With the UAE, India has In-UAE BILAT (bilateral naval exercise) as well as Desert Eagle-II (bilateral air force exercise).