1) L.69 Group: The L.69 group is of pro-reform member states, including primarily developing countries from Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific.
- The Group is bound by the firm conviction that expansion in both the permanent and non-permanent categories of membership of the UNSC is imperative to better reflect contemporary world realities.
- Members – The group currently has 42 countries as its members.
- India is also the member of the group.
2) Operation Megh Chakra: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) conducted searches across India, as part of a pan-India drive against the circulation and sharing of Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM).
- The Operation Megh Chakra was carried out following the inputs from Interpol’s Singapore special unit.
- The Operation Carbon is also a similar exercise conducted by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
3) Moon Wobble: The ‘wobble’ is a fluctuation in its gravitational pull that influences tidal activity. It is a result of the moon’s elliptical orbit.
- The process is cyclical and takes place every 18.61 years.
- During one half of this cycle, Earth’s regular tides are suppressed while the other half produces amplified tidal activity.
- Findings of the Study – Now, the study has found that these long-phase tidal cycles plays an important role in the regulation of tidal wetland ecosystems – such as the growth of mangrove forests.
4) Neurodiversity: Neurodiversity in the workplace refers to including people with neurodivergent conditions such as attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorders, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia and Asperger’s Syndrome.
- Harvard Health Publishing defines neurodiversity as a notion that every person interacts and experiences their surroundings differently; there is no right way of thinking, learning, or/and behaving. These differences should not be construed as defects or disorders.
- According to a recent report, nearly 2 million people in India suffer from this neurological and developmental disorder and are therefore identified as autistic.
5) Water Trading: Niti Aayog will bring out a policy for trading in Water on commodity exchange in India, similar to Gold, Silver and Oil. It aims to ensure better price discovery of water, efficient use and more investment into water resources.
- Water trading is the process of buying and selling water access entitlements, also often called water rights.
- Water trade allows water holders to decide whether they need to buy or sell water at a particular time.
- 1st tradable water price futures index was launched on the Chicago stock exchange in 2020.
- It is in practice in Australia, Chile, USA Etc.