1) Nari Adalats: Nari Adalat is a part of Sambal sub-scheme under Mission Shakti, which operates under Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- Mission Shakti aims to strengthen women’s safety, security, and empowerment
- Nari Adalat provides women with an alternate Grievance Redressal Mechanism for resolving cases of petty nature (harassment, curtailment of rights etc.) faced by women at Gram Panchayat level.
- This platform will be utilized for engaging with public for awareness generation, getting feedback for improvement in schemes and for effective public delivery of service.
2) India-UN Capacity-building Initiative (IUN-CBI): India and UN have launched an IUN-CBI to operationalize development-relevant deliverables of India’s G20 Presidency.
- Aim: Share country’s best practices with partner countries in the Global South.
- Deliverables: G20 Action Plan for Accelerating Progress on the SDGs, building Digital Public Infrastructure, etc.
- Partner: The UN India team and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will partner to leverage India’s Technical and Economic Cooperation platform.
- It will also complement the India-UN Development Partnership Fund (IUN-DPF).
- IU-DPF supports southern-owned and led transformational sustainable development projects across the developing world.
3) Conservation of Foreign Exchange and Prevention of Smuggling Activities: COFEPOSA Act, 1974 was enacted to give powers to the executive to detain individuals on the apprehension of involvement in smuggling activities.
- Based on the concept of Preventive Detention (Article 22).
- Empowers central and state governments to detain individuals including foreigners involved in smuggling activities.
- Any order by state government shall be forwarded to the centre government within 10 days
4) Exercise in news:
- Yudh Abhyas – 23: It is an annual exercise conducted jointly by Indian Army and United States Army.
- Counter Terrorism Field Training Exercise (FTX 2023): It is a multinational joint military exercise conducted by ASEAN Defence Ministers Meeting (ADMM) Plus Expert Working Group.
- India participated in the exercise being held in Russia.
Places in News:
1) Kaobal Gali-Mushkoh Valley: High-altitude passes within the Gurez valley, located in northern Kashmir, are now linked to the Mushkoh valley.
- Mushkoh Valley:
- Located in Dras, Ladakh, the Mushkoh valley is also renowned as the “valley of wild tulips”.
- Home to Himalayan Yew.
- Gurez Valley
- Location: is close to the Line of Control (LoC) with the Kishanganga River demarcating the line in several parts.
- It is one of the sites of the Kargil war.
- It is one of few habitations in Kashmir where villages with only log houses exist
2) Veerangana Durgavati Tiger Reserve: Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has notified Veerangana Durgavati reserve as a Tiger reserve.
- It is the 7th Tiger Reserve in the State of Madhya Pradesh and 54th in the country.
- Location: Approx. 20 kilometers from Bhopal and spans three districts – Narsinghpur, Sagar, and Damoh.
- Areas: Nauradehi Wildlife Sanctuary and Durgavati Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Parts of the reserve fall under the Narmada and Yamuna River basins.
- Establishment of new Tiger Reserves in a state is governed by the National Tiger Conservation Authority.