1) Terms related to crypto market:
- “Rout” means when people sell cryptocurrency in a panic, causing prices to fall sharply.
- “Contagion” means the danger of a collapse in one market affecting other markets, financial institutions, and the overall economy
2) ZERO SHADOW DAY: A sub-solar point is when the sun is directly overhead at a particular latitude.
- When the sun is at the zenith (the highest point in the sky) its rays will be hitting a particular point exactly perpendicular to the surface. This will make the shadow of that person/object exactly under him/her/it, making it look like there are no shadows.
- There are two zero shadow days every year in May and July/August, observed in places that lie between tropic of cancer and tropic of Capricorn.
- One falls during the Uttarayan (when the Sun moves northwards), and the other is during Dakshinayan (when the Sun moves southwards).
- This phenomenon lasts for a small part of a second, but the effect can be seen for a minute to a minute-and-a-half.
3) THIRUNELLY TEMPLE: It is an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Maha Vishnu on the side of Brahmagiri hill in Kerala, India, near the border with Karnataka state.
- There exists documentary proof that Thirunelli at the time of Chera king Bhaskara Ravi Varma I (962–1019 CE) was an important town and pilgrim center in South India.
- The name Thirunelli derives from the nelli, the Tamil/Malayalam word for Indian gooseberry of the Amla tree.
- Purans mention it as being built by Lord Brahma, and in these texts, it is referred to as “Sahyamalaka Kshetra”.
- The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) has urged the government to conserve the historically significant structures, including the 600-year-old ‘Vilakkumadom’, an exquisite granite structure.
4) Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH): founded in 1984 in New Delhi with the vision to spearhead heritage awareness and conservation in India, today INTACH is recognized as one of the world’s largest heritage organizations, with over 190 Chapters across the Country.
- It is a non-profit charitable organisation registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. In 2007, the United Nations awarded INTACH a special consultative status with United Nations Economic and Social Council.
5) Genome India Project (GIP): Officially launched in January, The Genome India Project, is a collaboration of 22 institutions including the Indian Institute of Science and some IITs, whereby in the first phase the genomic data of 10,000 Indians will be catalogued.
- This is the first large effort in the country to catalogue genetic diversity by doing whole genome sequencing of representative communities across India.
- The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) has identified Pune as a key centre in Maharashtra under the landmark ‘GenomeIndia’ project .
- The participants should be healthy and aged between 18 and 70
- A genome is an organism’s complete set of DNA, including all of its genes. Genomics is an interdisciplinary field of science focusing on the structure, function, evolution, mapping, and editing of genomes.
- Genomics also involves the sequencing and analysis of genomes through uses of high throughput DNA sequencing.