1) United Nations Security Council Counter- Terrorism Committee: The UNSC’s counter-terrorism meeting will be hosted in Mumbai and Delhi. This will be the first such meeting of the UNSC-CTC in India since its establishment in 2001.
- Theme: ‘countering the use of new and emerging technologies for terrorist purposes’.
- The CTC was established by Security Council resolution 1373 adopted in 2001 in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks in the US.
- The Committee was tasked with monitoring implementation of resolution 1373 which requested countries to implement a number of measures aimed at enhancing their legal and institutional ability to counter terrorist activities at home and around the world.
2) C-295MW Transport Aircraft: manufacturing facility to be set up at Vadodara. This is the first project of its kind in which a military aircraft will be manufactured in India by a private company.
- C-295MW is a transport aircraft of 5-10 tonne capacity with contemporary technology that will replace the ageing Avro aircraft of IAF. It has a rear ramp door for quick reaction and para dropping of troops and cargo. Capable of Short take-off/land from semi-prepared surfaces. It can be used for civilian purposes also.
- All 56 aircraft will be fitted with indigenous Electronic Warfare suite of Indian DPSUs – Bharat Electronics Ltd and Bharat Dynamics Limited.
3) Floating Trash Barrier: deployed in 8 cities, to solve the issue of floating solid waste pollution plaguing India’s water bodies.
- The FTB uses the natural flow of water to bring the trash to the riverbank where it is deployed and from there the trash is manually or mechanically removed. The FTB is said to be successful in cleaning up the Cooum in Chennai and the Musi in Hyderabad.
- Cleaning and Restoring India’s Water Bodies Challenge was conducted by the Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) under Waste to Wealth Mission — Swachh Bharat Unnat Bharat mission 2020 and 2021. FTB won.
4) World Energy Outlook 2022: World Energy Outlook is the flagship publication of the International Energy Agency has appeared every year since 1998.
- WEO 2022 report believes global emissions will peak in 2025 as surging energy prices due the Russian invasion of Ukraine propel investment in renewables.
- It forecasts global clean energy investment to rise by more than 50% from today’s levels by 2030. Global CO2 emissions are then set to fall back slowly from a high point of 37 billion tonnes per year to 32 billion tonnes by 2050.
- International Energy Agency (IEA) is a Paris-based autonomous intergovernmental organization established in the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Only OECD member states can become members of the IEA and India is an associate member of IEA. The IEA acts as a policy adviser to its member states, but also works with non-member countries, especially China, India, and Russia.
5) Dakar International Forum: This is the first time that India participated at the Ministerial level in the event. It annually brings together many African Heads of State and Government, international partners, as well as multiple actors of Peace and Security. It was launched during the 2013 Élysée Summit organized by France.