1) Google Street View: Google Street View is an immersive 360-degree view of a location captured using special cameras mounted on vehicles or on backpacks by data collectors moving around the city streets.
- The images are then patched together to create a 360-degree view which users can swipe through to get a detailed view of the location
- It is finally available for ten cities in India and is expected to roll out in about 50 more cities by the end of the year.
2) Federal funds rate: The fed funds rate is what banks in USA charge each other for overnight loans to meet these reserve balances.
- The amount loaned and borrowed is known as the federal funds.
- The US fed cant directly determine the FRR, but tries to target it by controlling the money supply.
3) Mahuli Group of Temples: Also known as Dakshin Kashi, the Mahuli Group of Temples are located in Mahuli near Satara in Maharashtra.
- It is situated at confluence of the rivers Krishna and Venna.
- These are famous group of 5 temples belonging to 11th and 12th CE in Hemadpanthi style of architecture.
- This area has the samadhis of great Maratha queens Rani Tarabai Bhosle and Rani Yesho Bai Bhosle.
4) Starlink Mission: Starlink is a constellation of broadband satellites in the low-Earth orbit.
- Announced in 2015, the Starlink project is a satellite constellation development project underway by SpaceX.
- Under the project, SpaceX intends to evolve into a constellation of nearly 12,000 satellites.
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX has launched the Starlink as its 32nd launch of 2022 using its workhorse Falcon 9 rocket.
5) Lumpy Skin Disease: Lumpy skin disease (LSD) is a viral disease of cattle and water buffalo caused by the poxvirus LSD virus.
- It is spread by mosquitoes, flies, lice, wasps, by direct contact among the cattle, and through contaminated food and water.
- There is no treatment for the virus, so prevention by vaccination is the most effective means of control.
Leave a Comment