- Launched in 2014 with outline ‘One Number – One Color -One Description’ for the common man to judge the air quality within his vicinity.
- The measurement of air quality is based on eight pollutants, namely: Particulate Matter (PM10), Particulate Matter (PM2.5), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), Sulphur Dioxide (SO2), Carbon Monoxide (CO), Ozone (O3), Ammonia (NH3), and Lead (Pb).
- It has been developed by the CPCB in consultation with IIT-Kanpur
Pay Autention: India’s first bridgital autism support network launched by Centre for Autism and Other Disabilities Rehabilitation Research and Education (CADRRE), a not-for-profit organization.
- The initiative shall pave the way for small towns and rural India to access specialised care and support and help create an auxiliary network of champions for the differently-abled.
- This platform shall also enable mentoring, skilling and meaningful livelihoods for people with autism.
Autism Spectrum Disorder: ASD refers to a range of conditions characterised by some degree of impaired social behaviour, communication and language, and a narrow range of interests and activities that are both unique to the individual and carried out repetitively.
- It is a complex brain development disability which makes itself visible during the first 3 years of a person’s life.
- It is not mental retardation as people with autism may show excellent skills in spheres like art,music, writing etc.
Enforcement Directorate: It is a Multi Disciplinary Organization under Dept. of Revenue, mandated with the task of enforcing the provisions of two special fiscal laws:
- FEMA, a Civil Law having quasi judicial powers, for investigating suspected contraventions of the Exchange Control Laws and Regulations with the powers to impose penalties on those adjudged guilty.
- PMLA, a Criminal Law, whereby the Officers are empowered to conduct enquiries to locate, provisionally attach/confiscate assets derived from acts of Schedules Offences besides arresting and prosecuting the Money Launderers.
Anabolic steroids: Anabolic steroids are usually used by bodybuilders.
- They are essentially lab-made versions of the male hormone testosterone and have a similar effect of increasing muscle mass as the natural hormone does.
- It also increases male characteristics in a person, such as facial hair and a deeper voice.
Leave a Comment