1) Offer For Sale (OFS): OFS of Rail Vikas Nigam Limited was oversubscribed.
- OFS is a process where promoters or owners of a listed company sell their shares to the general public.
- Shares can be obtained by foreign institutional investors, retail investors and companies.
2) Free Movement Regime (FMR): FMR is a mutually agreed arrangement between two countries that allows tribes living along the border on either side to travel up to 16 km inside the other country without a visa.
- It was implemented in 2018 as part of India’s Act East policy.
- The border between India and Myanmar spans four states Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, and Arunachal Pradesh.
3) Parkachik Glacier: A study shows that Parkachik Glacier in Ladakh is likely to have three lakes of different dimensions due to rapid ice melt.
- The main reasons for the rapid melting of glaciers are global warming and increasing temperatures, and a lower altitude than other glaciers in the Zanskar region.
- Parkachik Glacier is located in the Suru sub-basin of the Upper Indus River, Zanskar Himalaya.
- Suru River valley is a part of the southern Zanskar Ranges in the western Himalayas.
4) Sahyadri Mountain Ranges: A recent study has highlighted the negative influence of changing land use in the Sahyadri plateau and on its endemic creatures.
- About Sahyadri mountain ranges:
- The Western Ghats of Maharashtra are locally known as the Sahyadri ranges.
- River Krishna rises near Mahabaleshwar in Sahyadri.
- Kalsubai is the highest peak in Maharashtra (located in Ahmednagar district).
- Kaas Plateau also known as the Maharashtra Valley of Flowers is situated in the Sahyadri range of the Western Ghats.