1) Intelligent Grievance Monitoring System (IGMS) 2.0: Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) launched IGMS 2.0. Public Grievance portal and Automated Analysis in Tree Dashboard portal.
- Ministry: Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions.
- Implementing Agency: IIT Kanpur
- Objectives: To provides instant tabular analysis of Grievances Filed & Disposed, State-wise & District-wise Grievances Filed & Ministry-wise data of Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).
- It is enabled with Artificial Intelligence capabilities.
2) Index of Industrial Production (IIP): IIP is a ratio which measures the growth of various sectors in the economy.
- IIP data is released every month by Central Statistics Office (CSO), the current base year is 2011-12.
- The IIP comprises 3 broad sectors: Manufacturing, Mining and Electricity.
- The weightage of all 8 core industries in IIP is 40.27 %.
- In IIP, the decreasing order of core industries among them is as Refinery Products (weight: 28.04%) > Electricity (19.85%)> Steel (17.92%) > Coal (10.33%) > Crude Oil (8.98%) > Natural gas (6.88%)> Cement (5.37%)> Fertilizers (2.63%)
3) Scheduled Classification of CPSE: Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA), a Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE), has been upgraded from Schedule B to Schedule A.
- It will help IREDA in upgrading from Mini Ratna (Category– I) to Navratna status.
- CPSEs are classified into in to 4 Schedules, namely A, B, C & D.
- It was introduced in the year 1965 for purposes of determining the pay scales of Board level executives.
- Department of Public Enterprises has laid down criteria for categorization and revision (up gradation)
- Quantitative: Investment, net sales, profit, etc.
- Qualitative: National importance, level of technology, etc
4) Pink Bollworm(PBW): The infestation by this insect pest has been common in the cotton belt of northern Rajasthan, Haryana and South-western Punjab since 2021.
- Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis) cotton which incorporates genes from a soil bacteria that code for proteins toxic to the American bollworm, has lost its efficacy against PBW.
- Scientific Name: Pectinophora gossypiella (Saunders)
- Native To: Possibly the eastern Indian Ocean region.
- Impact: Adults lay eggs on cotton bolls; once hatched, the larvae eat the seeds and damage the fibres of the cotton, reducing the yield and quality