1) herSTART’ Platform: herSTART’ is the initiative of Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council aims at supporting women-led startups.
- The platform has been launched with the aim that it will not only boost innovation and start-up efforts of women entrepreneurs but also help them connect with government as well as private enterprises. Through this platform, free resources and training modules free will be provided to aspiring women entrepreneurs. It will build a digital community and also a digital publication to spread their success stories.
2) Mangalyaan mission over: The ISRO confirmed that the Mars Orbiter craft has lost communication with ground stations and the Mangalyaan mission has attained end-of-life.
- Objectives: Study of Martian atmosphere, Study of Martian Surface Features, Morphology, Mineralogy. Launch vehicle →PSLV C25 from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh
- Mangalyaan was India’s first interplanetary mission. The indigenously-built space probe has been in Martian orbit since 2014. The mission made India the first Asian country and the fourth in the world after Roscosmos, NASA, and the European Space Agency, to get to the planet.
3) Global News Forum 2022: Global News Forum 2022 is the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU)’s flagship three days annual NEWS event hosting around 80 foreign participants from the field of Media & Journalism from different broadcasting organizations.
- ABU was established in 1964 as a non-profit, non- governmental, non-political, professional association with mandate to assist the development of broadcasting organisations in the region currently Headquartered at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- ABU promotes the collective interests of television and radio broadcasters as well as key industry players and also facilitate regional and international media cooperation for members. Doordarshan (DD) & All India Radio (AIR) both are Full Members of ABU
4) World Habitat Day 2022: The United Nations observes the first Monday of October as World Habitat Day.
- This year, World Habitat Day will be observed on October 3.
- Theme: “Mind the Gap. Leave No One and Place Behind”.
- It seeks to draw attention to the growing inequalities and vulnerabilities in cities and human settlements that have been exacerbated by the triple ‘C’ crises — COVID-19, climate and conflict.
5) Purchasing Managers’ Index: The Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index, compiled by S&P Global, fell to 55.1 in September from 56.2 in August 2022.
- It is a survey-based measure that asks the respondents about changes in their perception of key business variables as compared with the previous month
- It is calculated separately for the manufacturing and services sectors and then a composite index is also constructed. The PMI is a number from 0 to 100. A print above 50 means expansion, while a score below that denotes contraction.
- A reading at 50 indicates no change. It is usually released at the start of every month. It is, therefore, considered a good leading indicator of economic activity. PMI is compiled by IHS Markit for more than 40 economies worldwide