1) RBI Home Price Index: The RBI data is based on transaction-level data received from the registration authorities in ten major cities — Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
- The RBI’s All India Home Price Index (HPI) recorded a 2.79 per cent growth (year-on-year)
2) International Big Cat Alliance (IBCA):
- It is a proposed mega-global alliance that will work toward the protection and conservation of the seven major big cats — tiger, lion, leopard, snow leopard, puma, jaguar, and cheetah.
- Membership to the alliance will be open to 97 ‘range’ countries, which contain the natural habitat of these big cats, as well as other interested nations, international organizations, etc.
- After the first five years, which will be supported by India’s ‘total grant assistance’ of $100 million, the IBCA is expected to sustain itself through membership fees, and contributions from bilateral and multilateral institutions and the private sector
- A Council of at least seven but not more than 15 member countries elected by the General Assembly for a term of 5 years, and a Secretariat.
3) SECTION 230 OF THE US’ COMMUNICATIONS DECENCY ACT: Passed in 1996, it provides legal immunity to internet companies for content that is shared on their websites. The act was first introduced to regulate pornography online. Section 230 is an amendment to the act, which holds users responsible for their comments and posts online.
- Online companies, including social media platforms, are not liable for the content shared on their website by its users. So if a user posts something illegal on the website, the company is protected from lawsuits.
4) SWAMIH Investment Fund 1: It is a government backed fund, set up as a Category-II AIF (Alternate Investment Fund) debt fund registered with SEBI launched in 2019.
- The Fund is sponsored by the Ministry of Finance and is managed by SBICAP Ventures Ltd. (a State Bank Group company).
- It is India’s largest social impact fund specifically formed for completing stressed and stalled residential projects.
- The real estate projects must be Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act (RERA)-registered which have been stalled due to a lack of adequate funds.
- They must also fall under the ‘Affordable and Middle-Income Project’ category (any housing projects wherein housing units do not exceed 200 sq.m.).
5) Nallamala Forest:
- It is one of the largest stretches of undisturbed forest in South India, apart from the Western Ghats in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- It is located in Nallamala Hills, which is a part of the Eastern Ghats.
- It lies south of the Krishna river.
- The forest has a good tiger population, and a part of the forest belongs to the Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve, the largest tiger reserve in the country.