1) Central Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CRCSs): Union Ministry of Cooperation launched the digital portal of the CRCS.
- Portal aims to digitize various activities of CRCS like registration, audit, election, vigilance, training, etc.
- About CRCS:
- It is a statutory body under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies (MSCS) Act, 2002.
- It is responsible for the registration of MSCSs, amendment to by-laws of MSCSs, arbitration, etc.
- Cooperative societies confined to one state only are governed by cooperative laws of respective state governments.
2) Arash-Dorra Gas Field: Iran objected to an agreement between Kuwait and Saudi Arabia to develop Arash/Dorra Gas field.
- This offshore gas field, located in the Persian Gulf, is known as Arash in Iran and Dorra in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.
3) World Trade Statistical Review (WTSR) 2023: WTO released 2023 edition of WTSR that provides data on global trade in merchandise and commercial services.
- Key findings related to India.
- Ranked 18th (China remained at top) in the list of merchandise exporters in 2022.
- Ranked 7th in the list of services exporters with 4.4% of global trade share.
- 9th largest goods importer with 2.8% of global share.
4) Digital India RISC-V Microprocessor (DIR-V) Program: Union government launched the DIR-V program with the objective to enable the creation of next-generation microprocessors in India.
- It will help ensure partnership between startups, academia, and multinationals to make India a RISC-V Talent Hub and supplier of RISC-V system of chips.
- Reduced Instruction Set Computer – V (RISC-V).
- It is an open-source instruction set architecture used to develop custom processors for a variety of applications, from embedded designs to supercomputers.
- Applications: wearable appliances, smartphones, the Internet of Things (IoT), High-performance computing, data centers, etc.