1) Mimeusemia ceylonica: Researchers from Tamil Nadu have spotted a rare moth species for the first time in India in the buffer zone of Kalakkad–Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve (KMTR) after it was last sighted 127 years ago – at Trincomalee in Sri Lanka in 1893.
- Mimeusemia ceylonica is a moth species belonging to the subfamily Agaristinae and family Noctuidae.
- Moths are a group of insects that includes all members of the order Lepidoptera that are not butterflies. Most species of moth are nocturnal, but can be crepuscular and diurnal species.
2) “Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise for 2023” or TROPEX-23: Started in November 2022 and culminated in March 2023
- This operational level exercise is conducted biennially and witnesses participation by all Indian Navy units along with Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Coast Guard assets.
- As part of the exercise, all surface combatants of the Indian Navy including Destroyers, Frigates, and Corvettes as well as submarines and aircraft are put through complex maritime operational deployments. The overall exercise construct included the Coastal Defence exercise Sea Vigil and the Amphibious Exercise AMPHEX.
3) IBSA Forum: It is a trilateral, developmental initiative between India, Brazil and South Africa to promote South-South cooperation and exchange.
- The grouping was formalized when the Foreign Ministers of the three countries met in Brasilia (Brazil) in 2003 and issued the Brasilia Declaration.
- BSA does not have a headquarters or a permanent executive secretariat.
- At the highest level, it counts on the Summits of Heads of State and Government
- IBSAMAR (IBSA Maritime Exercise) is an important part of IBSA trilateral defence cooperation.
- IBSA Fund (India, Brazil and South Africa Facility for Poverty and Hunger Alleviation) is a unique Fund through which development projects are executed with IBSA funding in fellow developing countries.
- The fund is managed by the UN Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC). Each member country is required to contribute $1 million per annum.
4) Pritzker prize: The international Pritzker prize was established by Chicago’s Pritzker family in 1979.
- It is considered to be one of the world’s premier architecture prizes, and is often referred to as the Nobel Prize of architecture.
- It is awarded annually and bestows laureates with $100,000 along with bronze medallion.
5) INS Sahyadri: It is a Shivalik class multi-role stealth frigate.
- It is equipped with cutting-edge weapons and sensors, which can identify and eliminate threats from the air, the surface, and the subsurface.
- The vessel is a member of the Eastern Fleet of the Indian Navy, which is located in Visakhapatnam.
- Stealth Frigates under the Shivalik class series namely INS Shivalik, INS Sahyadri, and INS Satpura are the first stealth warships built in India (by Mazagon Dock Limited).