About India-Qatar Business Forum
- It was jointly organised by FICCI, CII and ASSOCHAM, along with Qatar Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Leading businessmen from both India and Qatar participated in the Business Forum.
- The Forum will result in new networking opportunities for trade and investment between both sides.
India-Qatar Bilateral Relations:
- The large, diverse, accomplished and highly regarded Indian community is making an important contribution to Qatar’s progress and in nurturing the bonds of deep-rooted friendship and multi-faceted cooperation between the two countries
- Commercial & Investment Relations
- India-Qatar has touched a new milestone of US$ 15 billion in 2021-22 and there has been a steady increase in the number of registered Indian businesses in Qatar which has crossed 15,000.
- Qatar’s key exports to India include LNG, LPG, chemicals and petrochemicals, plastics, and aluminium articles.
- India’s key exports to Qatar include cereals, copper articles, iron and steel articles, vegetables, fruits, spices, and processed food products, electrical and other machinery, plastic products, construction material, textiles & garments, chemicals, precious stones and rubber.
- Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD) sent Covid medical relief material to India for combating the second wave of Covid-19 by a special Amiri Air force plane.
- Qatar Airways transported medical aid from across the globe to India, free of charge
- Defence: India regularly participates in the biennial Doha International Maritime Defence Exhibition and Conference (DIMDEX) in Qatar.
- Indian Naval and Coast Guard ships regularly visit Qatar as part of our bilateral cooperation and interaction.
- Cultural ties between India and Qatar are deep-rooted and actively nurtured by both sides. There are regular cultural exchanges between the two sides, under the provisions of the Agreement on Cultural Cooperation signed between the two sides in 2012
- Indian Community: There are over 700,000 Indian nationals residing in Qatar.
- They comprise the largest expatriate community in Qatar and are engaged in a wide spectrum of professions including medicine; engineering; education, finance; banking; business; and media apart from a large number of blue-collared workers.
READ MORE: Daily Prelims Booster
READ MORE: Daily News Analysis