PAPER – I
(Answers must be written in Nepali)
1. History of the origin and development of Nepali as one of the new Indo Aryan Languages.
2. Fundamentals of Nepali Grammar and phonology :
(i) Nominal forms and categories :—
- Gender, Number, Case, Adjectives, Pronouns, Avyayas
(ii) Verbal forms and categories :—
- Tense, Aspects, Voice, Roots and Fixes
(iii) Nepali Swara and Vyanjana;
3. Major Dialects of Nepali
4. Standardisation and Modernisation of Nepali with special reference to language movements (viz. Halanta Bahiskar, Jharrovad etc.)
5. Teaching of Nepali language in India—Its history and development with special reference to its socio-cultural aspects.
1. History of Nepali literature with special reference to its development in India.
2. Fundamental concepts and theories of Literature :
- Kavya/Sahitya, Kavya Prayojan, Literary genres, Shabda Shakti, Rasa, Alankara, Tragedy, Comedy, Aesthetics, Stylistics.
3. Major literary trends and movements—
- Swachchhandatavad, Yatharthavad, Astitwavad, Ayamik Movement Contemporary Nepali writings, Postmodernism.
4. Nepali folklores (the following folk-form only)—Sawai, Jhyaurey, Selo, Sangini, Lahari.