- National conference on skilling in non traditional livelihood for girls: Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) will organize National Conference on Skilling in Non-Traditional Livelihood (NTL) for Girls “Betiyan Bane Kushal” under the banner of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao on the occasion of the International Day of the Girl Child on 11th October, 2022. The conference will emphasize convergence between ministries and departments to ensure that girls build their skills and enter the workforce in a diverse set of professions, including science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), where girls have historically been under-represented.
The event will witness signing of MoUs with the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and Ministry of Minority Affairs for Skilling of young Girls for their increased, equal and empowered participation in the workforce.
- Handicraft online portal: The Office of the Development Commissioner (handicrafts) has initiated the process of inviting applications to participate in the marketing events through online portal. This provides fully digitized marketing platform to handicraft artisans.
The online process starting from application to selection and finally stall allotment is completely computerised, without any human interface. The online process will provide equal, fair and transparent opportunity to all artisans.
- Quantum entanglement: Experiments on the quantum entanglement (where several particles behave like a single unit even when they are separated), which received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2022 has seen a major achievement by Indian scientists, who have found a simpler way to quantify the amount of entanglement in higher dimensional systems.
Entangled state is a crucial state of quantum mechanics and can be used as a resource for quantum communication, quantum computation and information processing tasks that are impossible for classical systems.
- Tele-MANAS: Establishing a new milestone in the field of mental health on the occasion of World Mental Health Day, Tele Mental Health Assistance and Networking Across States (Tele-MANAS) initiative of Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare was launched. Tele-MANAS aims to provide free tele-mental health services all over the country round the clock, particularly catering to people in remote or under-served areas. The programme includes a network of 23 tele-mental health centres of excellence, with NIMHANS being the nodal centre. The Union Government aims to open at least one Tele-MANAS Cell in each State/UT.
- 4th heli-India summit 2022: Ministry of civil aviations inaugurated 4th Heli-India Summit 2022 with the theme ‘Helicopters for last Mile Connectivity’ at Sher-e-Kashmir International Conference Centre, Srinagar.
He announced Project Sanjeevani to be incubated by deploying a helicopter to provide emergency medical services at AIIMS Rishikesh.
Jammu & Kashmir has set an example of the best use of helicopter service when it erected transmission lines and towers using heli-cranes (sky cranes) on the Peer Panjal mountain range.