- Artificial Intelligence: Recently 3rd edition of Global Artificial Intelligence Summit & Awards was held. It was proclaimed that Artificial Intelligence to act as a catalyst in India’s development journey and help realise goal of becoming a developed nation by 2047.
‘Make in India’ initiative juxtaposed with AI technology, will enable India to become the factory of the world.
AI being used to effectively distribute food to the poor under PMGKY, monitor performance of fair price shops, help map needs of the poor.
- Credit guarantee scheme for startups: The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry has notified the establishment of the Credit Guarantee Scheme for Startups (CGSS) for providing credit guarantees to loans extended by Scheduled Commercial Banks, Non-Banking Financial Companies and Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) registered Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs).
CGSS is aimed at providing credit guarantee up to a specified limit against loans extended by Member Institutions (MIs).
The credit guarantee cover under the Scheme would be transaction based and umbrella based.
- Cheetah task force: Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has constituted a Task Force for monitoring Cheetah introduction in Kuno National Park, Madhya Pradesh and other suitable designated areas.
The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) would facilitate the working of Cheetah Task Force and render all necessary help. The Task Force shall be in-force for a period of two years. This task force may appoint a subcommittee to regularly visit the Cheetah introduction area as and when decided by them.
- Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Purushkar Award: The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (Prime Minister’s National Award for Children) is a civilian honour in India.It is administered by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
The award has two categories: Bal Shakti Puraskar, awarded to Indian citizens under the age of 18 for outstanding achievement in innovation, scholastic achievements, social service, arts and culture, bravery, or sports, and Bal Kalyan Puraskar, to individuals or organisations that have made outstanding contributions in child development, child protection, or child welfare. It is conferred by the President of India in the week preceding Republic Day.
- Cyber Jagrukta Diwas: Cyber Jaagrukta Diwas is an initiative launched by the Ministry of Home Affairs that requires all government organizations to spread cybersecurity awareness. It is observed on first Wednesday of every month. The purpose is to create awareness and sensitize the Internet users on safeguarding against cyber frauds and cybercrimes.
Leave a Comment