- Shri Nadaprabhu Kempe Gowda: PM unveils 108-feet-long bronze statue of Sri Nadaprabhu Kempegowda in Bengaluru. He was an Indian ruler under the Vijayanagara Empire. The city of Bengaluru, capital of Karnataka, was founded by Kempe Gowda in 1537. He is also noted for his societal reforms and contribution to building temples and water reservoirs in Bengaluru.He was a patron of art and learning. He is a political icon for the dominant agricultural Vokkaliga community in south Karnataka. Bengaluru’s airport is known as the Kempegowda International Airport.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI): FSSAI is an autonomous statutory body established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 (FSS Act). Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is the administrative Ministry of FSSAI.It is headquartered in Delhi.
Functions of FSSAI:
- Framing of regulations to lay down the standards and guidelines of food safety.
- Granting FSSAI food safety license and certification for food businesses.
- Laying down procedure and guidelines for laboratories in food businesses.
- To provide suggestions to the government in framing the policies.
- To collect data regarding contaminants in food products etc.
- 16th Asian Conference on Diarrhoeal Disease and Nutrition (ASCODD): Union Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare addressed the 16th Asian Conference on Diarrhoeal Disease and Nutrition (ASCODD). Delegates from India and other South East Asian countries, African countries, US, European countries joined the conference virtually. The theme of the ASCODD was “Prevention and control of cholera, typhoid and other enteric diseases in low and middle-income countries through community participation: beyond the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic”.The conference program focuses on the latest issues in enteric infections, nutrition, policy, and Practice including roadmap to end Cholera by 2030.
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA): It was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985. It functions under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. The Authority has its headquarters in New Delhi. In 2020, APEDA has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) to bring in better synergy in agricultural activities. APEDA has been entrusted with the responsibility to monitor import of sugar.
- National Intellectual Property Awareness Mission (NIPAM): The pan-India mission aims to provide awareness on intellectual property and its rights to 1 million students. It aims to inculcate the spirit of creativity and innovation to students of higher education (classes 8 to 12) and ignite and inspire the students of college/Universities to innovate and protect their creations. The program is being implemented by the Intellectual Property Office, the Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks (CGPDTM), Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Leave a Comment