- DigiLocker: DigiLocker is a flagship initiative of MeitY under ‘Digital India’ programme. This is government’s effort to create an electronic version of documents, which can be easily verified and stored in printable format. The users can store their documents such as insurance, medical reports, PAN card, passport, marriage certificate, school certificate and other documents in the digital format. Apart from e-documents, DigiLocker can store a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) link of e-documents issued by various issuer departments.
- Veerangana Sewa Kendra: The Indian Army launched a single window facility named the “Veerangana Sewa Kendra” (VSK) for welfare and grievances redressal of veer naris. The project was inaugurated by President Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA).Veerangana Sewa Kendra (VSK) will be available as a service to the Indian Army Veterans. The system caters for registering grievances with tracking, monitoring and regular feedback to the applicants.Stakeholders can monitor the status of grievances through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and the applicant will receive regular status updates through SMS and email.The VSK is one of its kind initiative by the Indian Army towards extending genuine care and support to its widows and veer naris.
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC): BIMSTEC is an international organization involving a group of countries in South Asia and South East Asia. Membership: It comprises seven countries lying in the littoral and adjacent areas of the Bay of Bengal — Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand. Its primary objective is to improve connectivity between the members through multi-modal transport corridors. In general, there are ‘14 priority sectors’ which cover almost all areas of cooperation such as energy, handling of refugees, anti-narcotic measures.
- India-Belarus Inter-Governmental commission: The 11th Session of the India-Belarus Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Cooperation was held.India and Belarus reiterated their strong desire to further broaden their cooperation with emphasis on key sectors such as pharmaceuticals, financial services, science and technology, heavy industries, culture, tourism, and education. The two sides agreed to promote cooperation among various states in India and regions in Belarus, especially in focus areas. India and Belarus are strategic partners since 1991.
- National Fisheries Development Board: NFDB Hyderabad was one of the organisation to be awarded with “India Agribusiness Awards 2022” for the best Agribusiness Award under Fisheries Sector. NFDB was established in 2006 as an autonomous organization under the administrative control of the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Government of India to enhance fish production and productivity in the country and to coordinate fishery development in an integrated and holistic manner.
Leave a Comment