- Atal New India Challenge(ANIC): ANIC is a flagship program of Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog. The program aims to seek, select, support and nurture technology-based innovations that solve sectoral challenges of national importance and societal relevance.One of the primary goals of the ANIC program is to support innovations in areas critical to India’s development and growth – Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Agriculture, Food Processing, Housing, Energy, Mobility, Space Application etc.
- SVAMITVA Scheme: SVAMITVA (Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas) was launched by Prime Minister on 24th April 2020 as a Central Sector Scheme to promote a socio-economically empowered and self-reliant rural India. The Scheme has the potential to transform rural India using modern technical tools of mapping and surveying. It paves the way for using the property as a financial asset by villagers for availing loans and other financial benefits.The Scheme will cover around 6.62 Lakh villages of the entire country during 2021-2025.
- Transport4All Challenge: The Transport4All Challenge is an initiative of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, that aims at enhancing the mobility experience of citizens. The Challenge focuses on digital innovation and invites cities, citizens, and innovators to join hands to develop contextual digital solutions to improve formal as well as informal public transport to better serve the mobility needs of all. The Transport4All through Digital Innovation Challenge comprises three stages:
- Stage I PROBLEM IDENTIFICATION
- Stage II SOLUTION GENERATION
- Stage III PILOT TESTING
- Citizen Perception Survey 2022: As part of the Ease of Living Index, a Citizen Perception Survey is being conducted (which carries 30% of the marks under the Ease of Living Index). This is a very important component of the assessment exercise as it will help in directly capturing of citizen feedback with respect to their city liveability. These views would highlight how citizens feel about different aspects of their cities including public transport, education facilities, healthcare services, water availability, cost of living, employment opportunities, among others. The Citizen Perception Survey was first conducted in 2020.This year, the Survey will be carried out across 264 cities with an aim to capture and reflect opinions of from more than 21 lakh citizens across the length and breadth of the country.
- Sovereign Green Bonds Framework: Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman approves the final Sovereign Green Bonds framework of India. This approval will further strengthen India’s commitment towards its Nationally Determined Contribution (NDCs) targets, adopted under the Paris Agreement, and help in attracting global and domestic investments in eligible green projects.The Framework comes close on the footsteps of India’s commitments under “Panchamrit” as elucidated at COP26 at Glasgow in November, 2021.
Leave a Comment