- INS Arihant: INS Arihant carried out a successful launch of a Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile (SLBM).The missile was tested to a predetermined range and impacted the target area in the Bay of Bengal with very high accuracy. All operational and technological parameters of the weapon system have been validated. INS Arihant is a ‘Ship Submersible Ballistic Nuclear Submarine’ (SSBN). SSBN’s are those class of submarines which can go deep beneath the ocean making them virtually undetectable for months, they also carry nuclear-tipped ballistic missiles.
- East Asia Summit: The East Asia Summit (EAS) is a regional forum held annually by leaders of, initially, 16 countries in the East Asian, Southeast Asian, South Asian and Oceanian regions, based on the ASEAN Plus Six mechanism. Membership expanded to 18 countries including Russia and the United States at the Sixth EAS in 2011. Since its establishment, ASEAN has held the central role and leadership in the forum. EAS meetings are held after the annual ASEAN leaders’ meetings, and plays an important role in the regional architecture of Asia-Pacific. The 12th East Asia Summit (EAS) Foreign Ministers’ Meeting was convened on 5th August 2022 in Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.
- PM SHRI scheme: 14,500 schools across states and Union Territories will be redeveloped to reflect the key features of the NEP, 2020 under the centrally sponsored scheme known as PM SHRI Schools (PM Schools for Rising India). While there are exemplary schools like Navodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas, the PM SHRI will act as “NEP labs”. PM SHRI schools will be an upgrade of existing schools run by the Centre, states, UTs and local bodies. This essentially means that PM SHRI schools can either be KVs, JNVs, state government schools or even those run by municipal corporations.
- Coal and energy : While addressing MINCON 2022 – a Conference on Mines, Minerals and Metals in Nagpur today, ministry said that Government’s target is to produce 900 million tonnes of coal in the current year and 163 mines will be auctioned. He added that the Foundation of the Vidarbha region’s development is based on mining and forest, and only mining-based industries can accelerate the progress of the Vidarbha region.The Vidarbha region has 75% of mineral and 80% of the forest resources of Maharashtra and proper utilization of these will increase the Vidarbha region’s share in the energy sector. It was also stated that Import of thermal coal in the country to be completely stopped by 2024-2025.
- SVEEP (Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation): Started in 2009, as the flagship program of the ECI for voter education. Primary goal is to build an inclusive & participative democracy by encouraging all eligible citizens to vote and make an informed decision & ethical choice.
Leave a Comment