1) Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA): is a multi-national forum for strengthening cooperation towards promoting peace, security and stability in Asia.
- It was founded by the first President of Kazakhstan in 1992, at UNGA session.
- India is one of the founding members. To be a member of CICA, a state must have at least a part of its territory in Asia.
- The CICA Summit is convened every four years. The Meeting of the Ministers of Foreign Affairs is required to be held every two years.
- The CICA Secretariat – administrative body of CICA – is located in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan.
2) Logistics Ease Across Different States (LEADS) 2022 survey report: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles recently launched it.
- It is an indigenous data-driven index to assess logistics infrastructure, services, and human resources across all 36 States and UTs.
- The index aims at enhancing the focus on improving logistics performance across states which is essential for improving the country’s trade and reducing transaction cost.
- Three performance categories namely: Achievers: States/UTs achieving 90% or more percentage: Andhra Pradesh, Assam and Gujarat
- Fast Movers: States/UTs achieving percentage scores between 80% to 90%: Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan etc.
- Aspirers: States/UTs achieving percentage scores below 80% have been made: Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Mizoram, Andaman and Nicobar Islands etc.
3) Rythu Bharosa Kendras: Set up for the first time in the country in Andhra Pradesh, they are a one-stop solution to all farmers’ needs and grievances. RBKs sell pre-tested quality seeds, certified fertilisers and animal feed.
- Farmers can purchase or hire farm equipment, and even sell their produce at the prevailing MSP in the RBKs. The RBKs provide services like soil testing etc.
4) Namdapha National Park: located in the State of Arunachal Pradesh, it is the 4th largest national park. The first three are Hemis National Park in Ladakh, Desert National Park in Rajasthan, and Gangotri National Park in Uttarakhand.
- The park is located between the Dapha bum range of the Mishmi Hills and the Patkai range.
- It lies in close proximity to Indo-Myanmar-China trijunction.
- It is also on the Tentative Lists of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India. It is also a part of biodiversity hotspot. Hoolock Gibbons, the only ‘ape’ species found in India is found.
- It is only park in the World to have the four Feline species of big cat namely the Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard and Clouded Leopard.
5) Kamikaze drones: These are small unmanned aircraft packed with explosives that can be flown directly at a tank or a group of troops that are destroyed when it hits the target and explodes.
- The name comes from the World War 2 era’s feared Japanese kamikaze pilots, who conducted suicide attacks.
- The US kamikaze drones are cheaper and of 2 sizes. Switchblade 300 suicide drone and Switchblade 600 ( “loitering missile”) that can hover around an area for some time and target armoured vehicles.
Leave a Comment