Smart Meter: The Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has flagged concerns over the deployment of advanced metering infrastructure using unlicensed spectrum in the 865-868 MHz frequency band. A smart meter is an electronic device that records information such as consumption of electric energy, voltage levels, current, and power factor. Smart meters communicate the information to the consumer for greater clarity of consumption behaviour, and electricity suppliers for system monitoring and customer billing. They are part of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) solution that records consumers’ electricity usage at different times of the day and sends it to an energy supplier. Smart grids are energy networks that can automatically monitor energy flows and adjust to changes in energy supply and demand accordingly.
NIPUN BHARAT: It has been launched as a National Mission called “National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN Bharat)” in 2021.
Aim: To ensure that every child in the country necessarily attains foundational literacy and numeracy by the end of Grade 3, by 2026-27.A five-tier implementation mechanism will be set up at the National- State- District- Block- School level in all States and UTs, under the aegis of the centrally sponsored scheme of Samagra Shiksha. It is one of the components of the NEP 2020.Implementing agency: The Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education.
Exercise SEA DRAGON 23:The Sea Dragon is an annual, multinational anti-submarine warfare (ASW) exercise conducted by the United States Navy. Participating Countries: India, USA, Japan, Canada and South Korea. The annual exercise launched in 2014. This is the third edition of the coordinated multi-lateral ASW exercise for Long Range MR ASW aircraft. The Exercise would witness representation by an Indian Navy P8I aircraft along with other countries’ aircrafts. Other Exercises between India and USA: Malabar: India and USA with Japan, Australia participate in the naval war gaming exercise named Malabar. Yudh Abhyas: Military Training Exercise VAJRA PRAHAR: Special Forces Exercise
Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY):The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) launched the Atal Jyoti Yojana (AJAY) in 2016 to illuminate dark regions through establishment of solar street lights. It is a sub scheme under off –grid and decentralized solar application scheme.
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has been entrusted to implement the scheme.
Funding allocation: MNRE provided 75% of the cost of street lights and remaining 25% by Member of Parliament Local Area Development funds (MPLADS).
India-Bangladesh Friendship Pipeline (IBFPL):Prime Ministers of India and Bangladesh will jointly inaugurate the maiden cross-border oil pipeline between the two countries. IBFPL will carry diesel from Assam-based Numaligarh Refinery Ltd’s (NRL) marketing terminal at Siliguri in West Bengal to the Parbatipur depot of Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC).
IBFPL is 131.5 Kilometers long, out of which 126.5 kilometer pipeline is in Bangladesh and 5 kilometers in India. The pipeline has a capacity of one million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA).The project is built under grant assistance from the government of India.
Leave a Comment