- Indo-Australian bilateral Relation: Both India and Australia are members of the G-20, Commonwealth, IOR-ARC, ASEAN Regional Forum, Asia Pacific Partnership on Climate and Clean Development, and have participated in the East Asia Summits. Defence Cooperation between India and Australia has expanded significantly in recent years. An MoU on Defence Cooperation has been signed as well as a Joint Declaration on Security Co-operation was signed. Australia and India concluded the Mutual Logistic Support Arrangement (MLSA) in 2020. The agreement facilitates more sophisticated operational cooperation, enabling increasingly complex military engagement, and greater combined responsiveness to regional humanitarian disasters.
- The Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH): The Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) was established under Companies Act in the year 1986-87.It is a non-profit organisation, with an object to promote, support, protect, maintain and increase the export of handicrafts. It is an apex body of handicrafts exporters for promotion of exports of Handicrafts from the country. Indian handicrafts exports projected growth of 29 prcnt( approx) than previous year in 2021-22.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority Of India(TRAI): The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is a regulatory body set up under the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997. It is the regulator of the telecommunications sector in India. It consists of a Chairperson and not more than two full-time members and not more than two part-time members. The TRAI Act was amended by an ordinance, effective from 24 January 2000, establishing a Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) to take over the adjudicatory and disputes functions from TRAI. It is under the jurisdiction of Department of Telecommunications , Ministry of Communications , Government of India.
- Indian Meteorological Department: The India Meteorological Department (IMD) is an agency of the Ministry of Earth Sciences of the Government of India. It is the principal agency responsible for meteorological observations, weather forecasting and seismology. IMD is headquartered in Delhi. IMD is also one of the six Regional Specialised Meteorological Centres of the World Meteorological Organisation. It has the responsibility for forecasting, naming and distribution of warnings for tropical cyclones in the Northern Indian Ocean region, including the Malacca Straits, the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea and the Persian Gulf.
- DefEXPO 2022: The 12th and largest-ever defence exhibition – DefExpo 2022 – has marked the emergence of India’s defence industry as a sunrise sector for investment on the global scale in line with the theme of the expo – ‘Path to Pride’.In line with AtmaNirbhar Bharat,The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi made a number of announcements, including the 4th positive indigenisation list; laid the foundation stone of Air Force Station Deesha, unveiled the HAL-designed & developed HTT-40 trainer aircraft; launched Mission DefSpace etc.
Leave a Comment