- Hanle Dark Sky Reserve : In a unique and first-of-its-kind initiative, the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt of India, has undertaken to set up India’s first-ever “Night Sky Sanctuary” in Ladakh. The proposed Dark Sky Reserve will be located at Hanle in Ladakh as a part of Changthang Wildlife Sanctuary. It will boost Astro tourism in India and will be one of the world’s highest-located sites for optical, infra-red, and gamma-ray telescopes.
- Dr Verghese Kurein : National Milk Day is celebrated to commemorate the birth Anniversary of Dr. Verghese Kurien (Milk Man of India). NMD 2022 commemorates the 101st birth anniversary of Dr. Kurien.The day celebrates the importance of milk in a person’s life. He is known as the ‘Father of White Revolution in India’. He is famous for his ‘Operation Flood’, which is known as the world’s largest agricultural program. He also played a key role in the establishment and success of Amul Brand. Because of his efforts only, India became the largest producer of milk in 1998, surpassing the U.S.
- INS Shivalik and Kamorta : Indian Naval Ships Shivalik and Kamorta participated in multiple activities with the Republic of Korean Navy that included official and social interactions, cross-deck visits and sports fixtures. Both nations discussed avenues to further strengthen maritime cooperation between Indian Navy and the RoK Navy. Shivalik and Kamorta undertook a Maritime Partnership Exercise with RoK Navy Ship No Jeok Bong. The exercise signified the close bonds of friendship and further enhanced interoperability between both the navies.
- India-GCC FTA Agreement : Both sides agreed to expedite conclusion of the requisite legal and technical requirements for formal resumption of the FTA negotiations. Both sides emphasized that the FTA will create new jobs, raise living standards, and provide wider social and economic opportunities in India and all the GCC countries. They agreed to significantly expand and diversify the trade basket in line with the enormous potential that exists on account of the complementary business and economic ecosystems of India and the GCC. GCC is currently India’s largest trading partner bloc with bilateral trade in FY 2021-22.GCC countries contribute almost 35% of India’s oil imports and 70% of gas imports.
- Gulf Cooperation Council : The Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf, also known as GCC is a regional, intergovernmental, political, and economic union comprising Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.The council’s main headquarters is located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.The Charter of the GCC was signed on 25 May 1981, formally establishing the institution.The structure of the GCC consists of the Supreme Council (the highest authority), the Ministerial Council and the Secretariat General.
Leave a Comment