- Border Roads Organisation(BRO): BRO was conceived and raised in 1960 by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru for coordinating the speedy development of a network of roads in the North and the North Eastern border regions of the country. It works under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence. It has diversified into a large spectrum of construction and development works comprising airfields, building projects, defence works and tunneling and has endeared itself to the people.
- Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM): The erstwhile Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority, or EPCA had been dissolved to make way for the Commission. The Commission will be a statutory authority. The Commission will supersede bodies such as the central and state pollution control boards of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, UP and Rajasthan. In 2021, the Parliament approved the Commission for Air Quality Management in National Capital Region and Adjoining Areas Bill. It is to be chaired by a government official of the rank of Secretary or Chief Secretary. The chairperson will hold the post for three years or until s/he attains the age of 70 years. It will have experts from the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Civil Society.
- Avian Influenza:Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has decided to depute a high-level team to Kerala to take stock of Avian Influenza outbreak in the state. Avian influenza or bird flu refers to the disease caused by infection with avian (bird) influenza (flu) Type A viruses. Influenza A virus causes influenza in birds and some mammals, and is the only species of the genus Alpha-influenza-virus of the virus family Orthomyxoviridae. These viruses naturally spread among wild aquatic birds worldwide and can infect domestic poultry and other bird and animal species. Bird flu viruses do not normally infect humans.
- Government e-marketplace (GeM): GeM is a one-stop National Public Procurement Portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Central and State Government Departments/Organizations/Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs). The procurement of goods and services by Ministries and the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) is mandatory for goods and services available on GeM. It also provides the tools of e-bidding and reverse e-auction to facilitate the government users achieve the best value for their money. It was launched in 2016 to bring transparency and efficiency in the government buying process. Ministry of Commerce and Industry is the nodal Ministry.
- Art of living for Mental health: Ministry of Culture has collaborated with Art of Living to reach out to masses and youth to educate them about mental health and empower them with the tool of meditation for better health. This scheme puts into action the Jan-Bhagidari model to empower the youth towards better health. The project will be implemented in various phases. The project is supported by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Leave a Comment