1) Kinzhal Missile: The Kh-47M2, nicknamed “Kinzhal” (Dagger), is a nuclear-capable, Russian air-launched ballistic missile. The Kinzhal can reach speeds of up to Mach 10 and can carry both conventional and nuclear warheads with a payload of up to 480 kg with a range of 1,500-2,000 km.
2) Moon to get its own Time Zone: The Moon has a day and night cycle of about 29.5 Earth days. Currently, the time on the Moon is measured using Universal Time Coordinated (UTC), which is the same timekeeping system used on the Earth.
- However, because the Moon’s day is much longer it would be difficult to use UTC for day-to-day activities on the Moon.
- Issues: synchronizing time on the moon is tricky because clocks run faster there, gaining around 56 microseconds, or millionths of a second, per day. It would be difficult to establish a consistent time zone for the entire Moon, as terrain, lighting etc vary across its surface.
3) Universal Time Coordinated (UTC): It is a time standard used to keep time consistent around the world and is based on International Atomic Time (TAI), which is maintained by atomic clocks around the world. UTC is expressed as a 24-hour clock and is used to indicate the time offset from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+0).
- Time zones are defined as an offset from UTC, with some time zones being ahead of UTC (UTC+1, UTC+2, etc.) and others being behind UTC (UTC-1, UTC-2, etc.).
- UTC is adjusted periodically to account for changes in the Earth’s rotation, which can cause variations in the length of a day. These adjustments are made through the addition of leap seconds to UTC, to keep the time standard synchronized with the Earth’s rotation.
4) Crypto markets under PMLA: Exchange between virtual digital assets and fiat currencies, the exchange between one or more forms of virtual digital assets and the transfer of digital assets will be covered under money laundering laws.
- Virtual digital assets (VDA) are as any code or number or token generated through cryptographic means with the promise or representation of having inherent value.
- Crypto exchanges and intermediaries dealing with VDA will now be required to perform KYC of their clients and users of the platform. Indian crypto exchanges will have to report suspicious activity to the Financial Intelligence Unit India (FIU-IND).
- Entities dealing in VDA will be considered “reporting entity” under PMLA-banks, financial institutions, entities engaged in real estate and jewellery sectors as well as casinos are ‘reporting entities’ now. Under this law, every reporting entity is required to maintain a record of all transactions.
5) National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR):
- It is a multi-stakeholder platform constituted by the Government of India in 2013 to facilitate dialogue, sharing experiences, views, ideas, action-oriented research & explore opportunities in the area of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
- NPDRR is chaired by the Union Home Minister and Minister of State in- charge of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home Affairs is the Vice Chairperson of NPDRR.
- The output from the National Platform will offer a strategic direction and a road map for the formulation of the future National Action Plans on DRR.