1) MSME COMPETITIVE (LEAN) SCHEME: Launched by MSME ministry, the objective is to increase manufacturing competitiveness in the MSME Sector and streamline a system of lean manufacturing using lean techniques such as 5S, Kaizen, KANBAN, Visual Workplace, Poka Yoka, etc.
- Government will cover 90% of implementation costs for coaching and consulting fees to support MSME. For MSMEs located in the Northeast, owned by Women/SC/ST, and a part of SFURTI clusters, an additional 5% contribution will be made.
- A special feature is available to help Industry Organizations to urge their supply chain vendors to take part in this scheme.
- A SPV will be formed in each cluster. It is expected that once MSMEs are introduced to the benefits and savings that accrue from LM techniques, they would themselves continue the Scheme from the second year onwards at their own expense.
2) Cyclone Freddy: It originated off the northern coast of Australia in 2022
- Freddy was the first tropical cyclone in the Southern Hemisphere to undergo six separate rounds of rapid intensification.
- It also holds the record for all-time accumulated cyclone energy (ACE) (storm strength during its lifetime) for the Southern Hemisphere.
- WMO recently announced the constitution of an expert committee to evaluate the intensity and lifespan of Cyclone Freddy, which is on track to set a record as the longest-lasting tropical cyclone on record.
3) Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Dhruv: It is a multi-role and multi-mission light utility helicopter intended for both military and civil operators which is developed indigenously by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The ALH choppers are operated by all three Indian defense forces, including the Army, Navy, and Air Force, along with the Indian Coast Guard.
- The major variants of Dhruv are classified as Dhruv Mk-I, Mk-II, Mk-III & Mk-IV.
- The Mk-IV version of the HAL ALG Dhruv helicopter is the Armed variant for Attack, Close Air Support, and High altitude operations.
- It is also called ALH Rudra and has a twin-engine configuration allowing continued flight virtually throughout the flight envelope.
- It has a maximum take-off weight of 5800 kg and a range of 590 km.It has a dedicated Electronic Warfare suite for self-protection.
4) India-Bangladesh Friendship Pipeline (IBFPL): IBFPL will carry diesel from Assam-based Numaligarh Refinery Ltd’s (NRL) marketing terminal at Siliguri in West Bengal to the Parbatipur depot of Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation. The 13 km pipeline has a capacity of one million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA) and is built under grant assistance from the government of India.
5) Bond yield curve inversion: Yield curve illustrates the interest rates on bonds of increasing maturities. An inverted yield curve occurs when short-term debt instruments carry higher yields than long-term instruments of the same credit risk profile.
- Inverted yield curves are unusual since longer-term debt should carry greater risk and higher interest rates, so when they occur there are implications for consumers and investors alike.
- An inverted yield curve is one of the most reliable leading indicators of an impending recession.