1)d) It is a Pension Scheme exclusively for the senior citizens aged 60 years and above. Maximum Entry Age: No limit. Aadhar has been made mandatory to avail the benefit of the scheme.
- The Scheme can be purchased offline as well as online through Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India which has been given the sole privilege to operate this Scheme.
- Maximum investment
- One can invest a maximum amount of ₹15 lakh under Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) scheme. The tenure of the policy is set at 10 years.
- Senior citizens can draw a minimum pension of Rs. 1,000 per month depending on the amount invested in the scheme. The maximum pension amount is limited at Rs. 10,000 per month.
2) d) Airglow: The glow produced by atoms and molecules in the atmosphere is called airglow.
- The distinct colours of airglow are the result of atoms and molecules releasing particular amounts of energy (quanta) in the form of light.
- In visible light,
- Oxygen produces green and red light.
- Hydroxyl (OH) molecules produce red light.
- Sodium produces a sickly yellow.
- Nitrogen does not contribute much to airglow.
3) c) Astro tourism is an experiential travel trend, that combines travellers interest in astronomy, night sky along with the love for exploring new remote locations.
- It also boosts nature-based travelling, tapping on growing interest of tourists to discover destinations that offer the luxury of being close to nature in a comfortable accommodation.
4) c) Gambling has been defined under the Old Law “Public Gambling Act 1867”.
- It is the subject of the “State list” under the 7th Schedule of the constitution.
- Online gaming regulated by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology but different states have their own laws related to permission within the state
- e-Sports: These are video games that were played privately or on consoles in video game stores in the 1990s, but are currently played online in a structured manner between professional players, either individually or in teams.
- Fantasy sports: These are games in which the player selects a team of real sports players from several teams and earns points based on how well the players perform in real life. For example,
- Online casual games: These could be skill-based, where the outcome is heavily impacted by mental or physical skill or chance-based, where the outcome is heavily influenced by some randomised activity, such as rolling a die.
5) a) It is a fatal bacterial disease which affects insects and it is caused by the spore-forming bacterium Paenibacillus larvae. Infected honeybee broods usually die at the pre-pupal or pupal stage. The disease cannot be cured, meaning that the destruction of infected colonies and hives or irradiation of infected material is the only way to manage AFB. Recently, a new species of endemic honeybee named Apis karinjodian has been discovered in the Western Ghats after a gap of more than 200 years. Common Name: Indian black honeybee. IUCN Red List: Near Threatened (NT).