1) Coat hanger abortion: The coat hanger serves as a symbol of the reproductive rights movement and a reminder of the gruesome pre-Roe era.
- it technically means an unsafe abortion. It refers to the practice of using the object to induce an abortion, as with many other household objects or homemade herbal concoctions, in the unavailability of safe or legal abortion access.
2) Virtual private network (VPN): It is a private network that is virtually created when you surf the Web. Every time you switch on your VPN connection, a secure channel is created, which acts as an intermediary between your device and the destination webpage. Your data is then sent to an external VPN server, which then connects you to your destination.
- However, when the VPN server does this, your IP address, which is the online equivalent of a user-specific postal code, is changed — and thus websites are unable to accurately track your location. This private network promotes online safety and enhances your overall privacy on the Web.
3) Zero Defect Zero Effect Scheme (ZED): Launched in 2016 by the Ministry of MSME, the scheme is an integrated and comprehensive certification system.
- Zero Defect: The Zero defect concept is focusing on the customer, Zero non-conformance or non-compliance, Zero waste
- Zero Effect: Zero air pollution, liquid discharge, solid waste, Zero wastage of natural resources.
4) Amaranthus: it refers to a wide variety of leafy vegetables including Kirkire Soppu, Dantina Soppu etc which are consumed but in a limited manner.
- It is an excellent source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin A, B and C, and an incredible source of vitamin K and the crop offered the most nutrition per calorie than most foods.
- Efforts are underway to popularise the inclusion of Amaranthus as part of mixed cropping among farmers in the region of Mysuru.
5) Madras Hedgehog: Bare-bellied hedgehog or Madras hedgehog (Paraechinus nudiventris) is an elusive animal found in Tamil Nadu.
- It is also known as mul eli (mul meaning thorn, and eli meaning rat) or irmal eli aka cough rat.
- Habitat – These insectivorous mammals have been on this land since before human evolution. It is endemic to this land.
- They are nocturnal, and have unique habitats that have only been seen in selected patches.
- Hedgehogs in the UK hibernate in winter, but the ones in South India aestivate in summer instead.